Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Removing Hunt freehub body from axle
  • jonundercover
    Free Member

Hi,

can anyone help explain how to remove the Hunt Trail Wide  freehub from the axle please ? It was easy to removing the axle from the wheel but I can’t see how to the freehub body off the axle. Cheers

thepurist

Assume you’ve already seen this?  If it’s not like that I’ll be bookmarking this thread for when I decide to switch to Microspline, so hope someone has the answer.

bigyan
    Free Member

Pretty common to be corroded on (steel bearings on an alloy axle, also the spacer sleeves), might require some persuasion to remove, just be careful not to damage anything.

jonundercover
    Free Member

Thanks , I used a mallet and the axle popped out . Having trouble getting the freehub back on now though as the pawls seem to be getting in the way .

bigyan
    Free Member

Try pushing it in gently and turn it backwards, if you are lucky they will fold in and it will slip in. Otherwise you need to push them in manually, some people use a loop of string, fishing line, rubber band etc and pull it out when the pawls are half in, I normally push the freehub on gently, the pawls cant spring out due to friction and push them down one by one with a seal pick, then it just slips in.

jonundercover
    Free Member

Thanks Bigyan this worked a treat !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Removing Hunt freehub body from axle’ is closed to new replies.