Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Removing graphics from Campagnolo Chorus chainset
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Currently have a Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset on my bike, but would like to use a carbon chorus chainset I have. Only problem I’m not keen on Campagnolo being written all over it with everything else being Shimano.
    The graphics seem to be under v.thick lacquer. Any chance off rubbing the cranks down to remove the graphics and re lacquering or will this just wreck them ?

geetee1972
    Free Member

😯

Not sure what is more shocking. What you want to do to the chainset or that you’re planning on mixing Campag and Shimano!

wwaswas

Dark tape over them. Will protect the arms too.

Are the chainrings spaced the same as Shimano for the front mech?

taxi25
    Free Member

Pretty sure they’ll work ok. I know it seems a bit drastic but the Ultegra chainset just looks horrible, even though it works great.
    A “neutral” carbon chainset would look way better.

gfkvelo
    Free Member

The chainset will *work* but the front shift won’t be as good as it could / should be – the ring spacing, ramping and pinning are all different and designed to work with a Campag chain, FD and lever. A Shimano chainset will work better, just as would be the case in the reverse scenario, trying to use a Shimano chainset with a Campag system.

Don’t try and take the laquer off the chainset – one important function of the lacquer on any CF component can be the protection from UV of the carbon matrix underneath. Messing with the lacquer layer can cause significantly reduced lifespan in some carbon parts and in the case of a highly stressed part like a crankset, do you really want to take that chance?

HTH
    Graeme
    Velotech Cycling Ltd
    Campagnolo main UK SC | Cycle Mechanics training to national standards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Removing graphics from Campagnolo Chorus chainset’ is closed to new replies.