• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Removing ESI grips..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

What’s the best method?
    I don’t want to cut them off as I’m gonna use them again.

Yak

lift the edge slightly with a screwdriver or something kinder to bars, squirt window cleaner under.

trail_rat
    Free Member

another job that the compressor makes nice and easy- stick the needle of the blow gun under the grip. Pull the trigger – and pull the grip.

2 seconds.

oxym0r0n

Peel edge + Deoderant?

nedrapier

dribble some water or IPA into a gap – either pinch the grip to create a gap, or poke something thin and blunt up there. do motorbike broom broom noises whhile you twist the grip. When the fluid has worked all around and it’s loose, push it off the bar from the side near the controls.

teacake
    Free Member

I wiggle 3 spokes underneath, equally saced around the grip. Then just pull straight off. Not that difficult but not as quick as the compressor sounds.

I’ve done this 3 or 4 times to one set of grips with no damage.

somafunk

Get a stans sealant syringe or reverb syringe/any syringe – fill with a small amount of antibacterial hand gel (the stuff that needs no water) and squirt under both edges – wiggle grip about and it’ll come off no bother

rhid

2-3mm allen key under the grip, create a bit of space, spray in window cleaner and wiggle loose!

Easy

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

insert sharp object under grip, scratch bars, insert blunter object, split end of grip, swear again.
    works every time.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I just pulled mine off, turning at the same time.

Most of the above advice wouldn’t be much good if you have carbon bars…..

DrP

I can assume by the fact my ESI grips spin and roll about freely by their own accord, they haven’t been fitted properly…??

DrP

NormalMan

How did you fit them DrP?

I used windowlene and mine are rock solid.

pictonroad

or they’re from on one…

igm

Three zip ties, biggish ones inserted between grip and bar at 120 degree intervals.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Loosen brake clamp, use it to push grip offpulling makes them tighter on the bars.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Lollipop stick and hairspray for me. Like the sound of the aircomp method 8)

DrP

or they’re from on one…

Chuff off with your loaded questions… 😉

DrP

tang
    Free Member

Lay bike on its side lift the inside edge and spray window cleaner in, I’m sure gravity helps! Turn bike over repeat then pull them off.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Removing ESI grips..’ is closed to new replies.