Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Removing decals from BFe
  • prezet
    Free Member

I have a gritstone BFe, and want to remove the reflective decals and replace with the white Cotic wrap… anyone got any suggestions on the easiest way to remove them? Was thinking to try heating them up with a hairdryer first to loosen up the adhesive.

officialtob
    Free Member

I removed the decals from my trusty Maxlight the other week. I found removing the decals themselves are simple with a hairdryer…. its the glue underneath that caused a few issues. However…the solution? T-cut – worked an absolute dream, and theres no trace of them being on there now!

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Aren’t the stickers below a coat of lacquer?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

stick the new decals over the current ones…?

v666ern
    Free Member

think some of them are under the laquer – im sure ive read a thread on here about cotic stickers cant seem to find it though

accu
    Free Member

as far as I remember are the stickers on the blue frames under the laquer, but not on the gritstones frames with the reflective decals..
    just look on the website under colour options for the old bfe..

prezet
    Free Member

No laquer on the frame…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a sharp knife, peel the corners up and then remove them. Use some GT85 to remove the residue thats left (there will be loads)

prezet
    Free Member

Hairdryer removed top layer easily. Residue easily removed with a bit of petrol. Result.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

I used a mallet and chisel on mine, then i used an angle grinder to remove any scrapes. Touched up with vinyl Matt emulsion and it looks as good as new now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Removing decals from BFe’ is closed to new replies.