• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by SiB.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • removing cable from xt front shifter…….how?
  • SiB
    Free Member

First time doing this job so apologies in advance if Im missing the obvious but there are lot of small parts which look like they could cause problems for a novice!

So far I’ve opened both sides of shifter and I’m assuming its the underside cover that needs to be open in order to remove and replace cable? Top gear indicator plate removed and disc put in its place (as too fiddly to replace indicator cover!)…..so now what?? As it stands the shifter is rotated so underside is now at top, cover is removed over the shifter lever but I just cant see any obvious way to get to cable to remove and replace……am I missing the obvious?

Thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Tension the cable click into the lowest gear remove the small plastic screw hiding in by the triggers you should be able to see the silver cable head just push the cable through from the adjuster.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Hi
    if you look at the end of the shifter body where the up and down shifts are you should see a little plastic cross head , unscrew this and put the shifter into one or the other end of the gear range and you should see the lug on the end of the cable , just push the other end and the cable should come out of the hole 🙂

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks, will try again after tdf highlights finish. Sounds easy when you know how!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘removing cable from xt front shifter…….how?’ is closed to new replies.