Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Removing a Headshok fork – CANNONDALE
  • bhodgkiss
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a cannondale with P-Bone D Headshok suspension forks –

How do i remove the forks please? I can take the lockout plastic cap off the top of the steerer to reveal a big hex nut and then a cap which needs a special 4 pin tool, which i can make if necessary.

Its obviously not the traditional headset style where the top cap bolt clamps the headset together, as the bolt at the top of the fork only holds the lockout cap on by the looks of things.

So how do the forks come out, please?

Thanks in advance,

rolkin
    Free Member

use a nylon hammer to tap it out of the frame. you don't need to strip it in anyway, other than removing the lock out lever.

coastkid
    Free Member

with the lock out cap removed and stem removed just gently tap the hex head top with a rubber mallet,there are 2 sealed bearings in your headset cups,proberly the lower will stay on the fork stantion and the top bearing will stay in the top cup,are you removing the fork to service or replace with a regular fork?,if service best send it away for a service, 😮

bhodgkiss
    Free Member

Thanks for the help!

i'm stripping the paint and polishing the frame and forks so wanted them apart, and changing the colour of the rubber boot cover on the forks 😉

Thanks again,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Removing a Headshok fork – CANNONDALE’ is closed to new replies.