Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • REMOVE GLUED ON HEADBADGE OFF TI FRAME?
  • yabzego
    Free Member

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove a superglued alloy badge off a ti headtube? without marking frame.

Are there any type of products that could dissolve adhesive without causing damage?

What is used to polish raw finish titanium…..to buff out scratches?

General cleaning without dis-colouration, adverse effects?

Any info would help.

bencooper
    Free Member

I normally just pry off with a sharp blade…

druidh
    Free Member

Heat will soften the glue.
    A sharp blade to pry it off.
    Polish with Duraglit.

zippykona

Try boiling water first off. Then wd 40 for glue.

bigblackshed

Boiling water for Superglue removal.

CountZero

Acetone should dissolve superglue, and most other adhesives as well. I doubt it’s actually superglue, it’s probably a double-sided mounting adhesive, so dribbling acetone/nail polish remover, or cellulose paint thinner should soften the adhesive, and if you lay the frame on its side, and gently prise the badge away from the frame, while doing that, it should slowly soften more of the glue as you work it further away. Do it slowly, to avoid bending the badge, and use lots of solvent to clean off all the sticky goo that’s left behind.

yabzego
    Free Member

cheers guys…not bothered about killing the (ragley) badge…hopefully the replacement will cover any small marks or remnants.
    Unfortunatly new (ragley) badge not available so might stay naked or mount a lynskey…not sure if those are riveted though.

Thanks for method(s)

slinkybike
    Free Member

Both the ti voodoo’s I had the badge fail off first ride.

yabzego
    Free Member

voodoo? such craftmanship in the design..wasnt it a winking head with lobsided crown? as depicted in neolithic sub-saharan tribal art….?
    spooky, actually ellevates the mk1 ragley in my estimations, in comparison, the mk 2 however……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘REMOVE GLUED ON HEADBADGE OFF TI FRAME?’ is closed to new replies.