Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Removal/fitting of a push-fit BB92 bottom bracket (Zesty/Spicy etc.)
  • timmys

I'm after some advice on how to remove and replace the BB in my Zesty. I've got one of these on the way from the US but was looking at some advice on the actual fitting.

The options seem to be;

a) Go at it with a screwdriver and hammer to remove and then fit using block of wood and hammer.

b) Buy the right tools:
    This one for removal?
    – A headset press for fitting? Will this one do the job?

b) Take it to the LBS (but where is the fun in that!)

Recommendations/advice please!

(I found this thread which seemed to at one time have links to some photos of the process but the links seem to be dead.)

druidh
    Free Member

Hey – it's just a cheap frame right? Just have at it with a screwdriver and a mallet. What could possibly go wrong.

timmys

Hey – it's just a cheap frame right? Just have at it with a screwdriver and a mallet. What could possibly go wrong.

Well exactly, maybe my point got lost with me trying to be vaguely humorous, but that's why I'm asking for advice. I'm not happy with that method but in the thread I linked to it sounds as though that's what people had been doing.

nickegg
    Free Member

As a Zesty owner i'd be very reluctant to just knock them out using a mallet or whatever. It's just not worth it IMO. After all it's not just your ordinary BB is it?

I'd say take it to your LBS.

ratherbeintobago

Park tool BBT-90 to remove the bearings; you may need adaptor bushings (in a piece of cunning, the BBT-39 BB30 bearing removal tool is supplied with both BB30 & BB92 press bushings…) for the headset press.

Andy

timmys

I'd say take it to your LBS.

My worry is that I don't have any Lapierre dealers nearby so they are unlikely to have the right tools for these atypical BB's. I'm scared that rather than admit defeat they'd tend towards the brute force option.

nickegg
    Free Member

The removal tool is needed for all press-fit BB so a decent sized shop should have one.

I'm spoilt for choice here in Bristol with at least 3 shops selling Lapierre Zesty's! Mind you, the tool is only £25 so might be worth getting i guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removal/fitting of a push-fit BB92 bottom bracket (Zesty/Spicy etc.)’ is closed to new replies.