Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Remote light switch
  • lcj

How would I moan about delivery if I went to a shop and got it straight away, durrr 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Stoner – in response to your rather harsh comments.

1) Which big brand manufacturer lets you test a light before buying? Lum does.
    2) Which big brand manufacturer offers a two year cast iron guarantee? Possibly one.
    3) Which big brand manufacturer produces a beautifully constructed 17-1800 lumen light with 6 x XPG LEDs and over 3 hour run time on max power? Errrmmm – none.
    4) Which big brand manufacturer offers all this for around £350 – none.
    5) Which big brand manufacturer responds almost instantly to new technologies as they emerge? None.
    6) Which big brand manufacturer is available any time by phone or email? None.

Yes Lum hasn’t spent a fortune on his website, yes it can be hard to show a product to it’s full potential on a website, yes there may be some refinement needed to the web look and feel but what Lum’s products DO have is one to one service, bulletproof products and some of the best performance available.

If you actually tried one, you’d be impressed – guaranteed.

Yes I do bang on about his stuff, no I’m not on commission – I just believe in the product (having tested other similar ones), now consider Lum to be a friend (does that happen with random customer service lines – no) and am very keen to see his products out there and properly appreciated. If you can’t see that then by all means go with the herd; trouble is you’re missing out big time.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourkidsam
    Free Member

Clubber – I’ll let Lum give you costs if that’s okay?

Is that cos you didn’t pay for yours?

*skips away*

vinnyeh

Out of curiosity Mat-
    did you pay retail for the light unit, or get a discount?
    same question regarding the remote (esp since you suggested luminous answer the question as to price)

Just trying to determine your impartiality, and why you think the lights are superior to others- there doesn’t seem to much info on this in your posts.

edit: beaten to it by mat and ourkidsam. 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Vinney – I tested it back to back “against” a LL. I had no bias whatsoever and TBH, thought the LL might “win.”

I could have had a small discount from either as I was testing them – but I mean small.

Both offered excellent service – I just preferred the design and build of the 601 and it was also brighter (to be fair, the LL had three XPGs and three XPEs for a “warmer” light – most have 6 XPGs now).

A mate then bought one of last years 601s (two modes instead of three) at a discount (available to all) and is very, very happy with it.

I have also tested Lupine lights and various Hopes.

So I’d say, pretty impartial.

Luminous
    Free Member

Stoner.

Fair enough, then as its you, and as its nearly Christmas…

Model 601, bar mounted

Model 601 and Troutlight, courtesy of Surf_Mat 🙂

Here is the S1, currently my favourite light.

And last but by no means least, the small but beautifully formed Model 401

With old mount which was never used, the new mount gets the light closer to the mount itself and uses a rubber ring to wrap around the mount.

There, just for you Stoner, because you’re worth it 😉

Clubber.
    Not going to post a price here today, but will update the website soon.

Cheers

L

Clong
    Free Member

Dude, if you like the light then fair enough, but if the reasons above are the only justification id say its a bit biased. Fairly certain Exposure ticks all of those boxes too…

Luminous
    Free Member

Perhaps we can all take a breath 🙂

Theres no such thing as the perfect light, only, perhaps, the light that is perfect for you.

Theres a great range to choose from, offered up by all the usual suspects. Me, Trout, Hope, Lupine, Exposure, etc, etc.

So there should be a light for everyone, and we’ll all have our favourites.

So chill, its Christmas.

Happy Christmas everyone.
    🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Luminous – it’s not for my benefit. You’d do better getting them up on the site.

I already have an LL.

But then el Trout’s terribly expensive website has plenty of informative images on it…

And S-M: I think the whiney-girl doth protest a little too much. Ive not been harsh. Ive made no judgement as to the quality or value for money of the lights.

uplink
    Free Member

Is this today’s viral marketing thread?

Luminous
    Free Member

I already have an LL.

Ah, it all becomes clearer. Excellent, at least you’re a member of the “proper” lights club.
    Cheers.
    🙂

Trailseeker
    Free Member

How much is the remote switch?

Luminous
    Free Member

How much is the remote switch?

^^^^

Clubber.
    Not going to post a price here today, but will update the website soon.

Cheers

L

Clong
    Free Member

Luminous,

Got any details of that S1 light? It looks like a self contained unit is that so?

Scrtach that, all info (and pitures) on the website

trout
    Free Member

this ones selfcontained too under development 😯 only 1800 lumens too

clubber
    Free Member

Luminous, your light looks great but I really don’t like what looks like a very slanted thread started by Mat who clearly doesn’t have a simple supplier-customer relationship with you since you can’t tell me the price and wasn’t willing to admit that (and still hasn’t IMO). Shame as that’d put me off your products if I was looking to buy a light.

stuey
    Free Member

<Joined this thread late> Is surf-mat having somebodies love child and breaking up an other wise happy home whilst stealing money from OAPs 😕

woffle
    Free Member

Is this today’s viral marketing thread?

+1

This is yet another thread that’s descended into not-so-subtle advertising IMO – unless of course STW towers is getting some kind of kick-back. it’s one thing to give a review, biased or otherwise, but it gets a little incessant after a while…

EDIT – actually, not sure it’s had to descend very far into advertising territory TBH

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Remote light switch’ is closed to new replies.