Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Remote cottages with log burners to rent
  • bedwasboy
    Free Member

Hi,
    I remember seeing a thread on here a few weeks ago about staying in a cottage somewhere remote. It could have been somewhere in the Scottish Highlands although i’m not sure. I tried searching without any luck, so I was wondering if anyone can recall this thread or knows a remote cottage in a get away from it all type of place.

Thanks

PTR
    Free Member
    smiththemainman
    Free Member

+1 for Parkamoor but not really getting away from it all, you will have to say hello to passing mountainbikers every half hour!!! Let us all know when you’re in and you can make us all a cuppa!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stunning setting.

Loved this forest for walking round, cottage is in the middle of nowhere!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    wallop

Check out http://www.underthethatch.co.uk/ for some Wales action.

grum
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

My old house mates parents have bought a place near Cranbrook. They have a log cabin in the middle o a massive woodland with view over some lakes. I can’t remember if they have a log burner on there but they have a separate ‘shed’ with a log burner in so people can all sit around it. Had some good parties there and also some local biking to be done!

jp-t853

This is a good place it is half an hour down a singletrack road but it is pretty easy to access from Inverness.

glacour studio

Deer flock around the cottage at night.. Strathconnon is a lovely Glen. We saw a pinemartin there a few weeks ago.

sweepy
    Free Member

This place is great, not much biking tho.

Part time leccy adds to the charm

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Hi,
    Thanks for all your replies there are some truly stunning cottages on these sights. We are going to start checking availibility at the Scottish ones. All the best….

mattbee

just come back from 2 weeks here Eilean Shona to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Absolutely stunning location, no bikes allowed on island but that wasn’t a loss. Wish I could have had a month or more there tbh.
    cottage tucked completely out of the way with amazing views and only a few neighbours:

View from front door.

Both taken through cottage window. Pine Marten loved banana!

mattbee

just come back from 2 weeks here Eilean Shona to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Absolutely stunning location, no bikes allowed on island but that wasn’t a loss. Wish I could have had a month or more there tbh.
    cottage tucked completely out of the way with amazing views and only a few neighbours:

View from front door.

Taken through cottage window. Pine Marten loved banana!

crankboy
    Free Member

We have stayed on Eileen shins too , it is truly remote as in 40 mins of singletrack road and 20 mins of boat ride from Fort William and home to deer otters pine martins and 2 million ticks .

We stayed a week and saw no more than 10 people in all that time . It was fabulous .

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve seen better equipped bothies than Parkamoor. 😯

debaser

The Down House, Baddaroch, lower diabaig, Torridon.

Lovely wee house built in the woods above loch Torridon. Right at the end of the road and although its not far removed from other houses it has a really peaceful and secluded feel.

The riding and hill walking in the area is good too.

This is a few minutes ride from the front door.

Ambrose

Debasser: I mapped those rocks as a part of my dissertation!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Remote cottages with log burners to rent’ is closed to new replies.