Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reliability of CCDB IL air and coil, how's it going now?
  • jecca
    Free Member

How have you been getting on with the latest versions of the Cane Creek DB IL air and coil

Have the latest full upgrades cured the issues with the air?

anyone been riding one of these long term now, whats occurring?

gkeeffe

I have an early one. Had a service and warranty from TF Tuned and since then it’s been perfect. I love it,

russyh
    Free Member

I have an in-line coil it’s been faultless. But to be honest they never suffered with the same issues as the In-line air anyway?? Did they??

I will buy the same shock for my next frame, it’s the perfect trail coil shock!

jecca
    Free Member

anyone else happy since the big air upgrades?

The coil il had or has some knocking issues that CC couldn’t fathom

russyh
    Free Member

No it hasnt! there have been a couple of things mentioned on forums. But not the global widespread clusterf£$k that there was with the Air, or other products made by SRAM.

The only knocking issues i could see are a couple of vids on youtube, which look to me like people running the pretension collar to loose. I have seen very little widespread issues and i looked prior o buying one as was very aware of the previous inline issues, having owned one!

slickandslide
    Free Member

All the Inlines we have serviced and upgraded have been faultless. It seems they have sorted them out and its a great trail bike shock. Likewise the IL coil and air shocks from the factory, they have all been spot on.

jamesg55
    Free Member

mine (inline air) is now three years old. failed after 9 months and got some upgrades when fixed. since then it has been spot on. it was service late summer and there have been more upgrades internally again. So I got another bag back with old parts which have been swapped out 🙂

jecca
    Free Member

that sounds like good news. thanks for posting.

poah
    Free Member

no issue with my coil IL

jecca
    Free Member

i read about the coil il clunky issues on mtbr, there was a poah on there too^^ not you?
    cane creek acknowledged there was an issue on some IL coils but they couldn’t fix it.

CCDB IL coil issue MTBR

poah
    Free Member

yah me – was intermittent at best and I’ve not heard it since. seems to have been an issue with lSR IIRC when you put the CS on.

pedlad

Just wanted to revisit this as my inline is starting to feel like it needs another service after 20 months. Wondering about stretching to the db air il upgrade with tft.

How are people finding it after a few months? An improvement in feel and reliability ?

bullroar
    Free Member

I had my original inline loosing air after about 9 months.  Had it serviced by TFT and it went again last March so TFT did another service and upgraded to the current version.  I paid for both services and upgrade.  The thing has done the same thing again mid way through a trip to Scotland after less than a year from upgrade.  Another chat with TFT coming up but I have lost all confidence in the thing, probably time to move on at significant cost.

rickon
    Free Member

The coil il had or has some knocking issues that CC couldn’t fathom

No it hasnt! there have been a couple of things mentioned on forums. But not the global widespread clusterf£$k that there was with the Air, or other products made by SRAM.

Mine did it from the box. I got one of the early ones, think it was common for the first batch. Got mine warranty repaired by TF and it’s been fine since.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reliability of CCDB IL air and coil, how's it going now?’ is closed to new replies.