Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Relaxing drive out in the countryside…
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Why would business waste be dumped for free? Or do they not pay rates where you come from?

And yes, charging households for kerbside collection is where most of this crap seems to come from.

jimjam
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

Looks fake.

bearnecessities – Member

..because? *opens snacky things* [/quote]

Where to start. She’s going reasonably fast for a narrow country road, starts beeping before long before the car even stops, single woman (we assume) starts berating the three shifting looking shirtless men. She’s not positioning her car to squeeze past. Her reversing is extremely fast and tidy….the blurring on the faces, firstly why bother, second, it’s very well done and stays extremely tight to the actual faces.

I don’t know if there’s a plugin or algorith that does it automatically these days but last time I tried it with premier it was time consuming and difficult. Also, the “travellers” are surprisingly tongue tied. They’re normally pretty quick witted – I would have expected an excuse like the van broke down, or they’re changing the tyre blah blah

Jamie
    Free Member

I might be mistaken, but I could have sworn the video was not pixelated when I first saw it earlier today.

Poopscoop

Yep, see it all the time on the North Downs near me. It’s endemic.

Same spots over and over, still seems to happen when there are warning signs up staying there are hidden cameras in the area.

When your riding a lovely bit of track and suddenly there is a huge pile of building material or household junk just lying there it’s just so disheartening.

I take it quite personal if that makes sense?

We don’t deserve this lovely blue and white marble we all live on. 🙁

rene59
    Free Member

Look at the comments, a number of them are from other media outlets looking to use the clip. All in the space of a few hours from a new account. It’s got staged viral attempt all over it.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I don’t think it looks fake. What would be the motivation? Roadman/gypsy hybrid dude could’ve been seriously injured. That’s some stuntman shizz right there.

Jamie
    Free Member

All in the space of a few hours from a new account. It’s got staged viral attempt all over it.

To what end, though?

rene59
    Free Member

There was one on here before about a female cyclist smashing a van or something after getting abuse from the ‘builder’ occupants. That had a similar feel to this and was outed as being setup.

To what end, though?

College project or something, promoting your capabilities for a job. Who knows.

DezB
    Free Member

The fella peering into the windscreen like some kind of monkey makes it look fake to me.

bearnecessities

It looks like it

But why?

Who knows.

Come on. If you’re going to be sport, come up with a case 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

All in the space of a few hours from a new account. It’s got staged viral attempt all over it.

To what end, though? [/quote]

Well given the clickbait friendly nature of it I’m sure it can reach a few hundred thousand views, plus usage rights from the Mirror, Mail, etc. I don’t think that’ll amount to millions of pounds but I reckon there’s probably 10-100k to be made there.

It could also be a university project or an add agency of some sort, or it might even be a proof of concept/experiment which is something I’ve done in the past, albeit unsuccessfully.

taxi25
    Free Member

People pay them to take their rubbish away to the tip,

They pay them to take their rubbish. If you belive it’s going to the tip well…………….

CountZero

ransos – Member
    Yes.
    Good for you. Personally, I don’t believe that subsidising private businesses is a legitimate public service. It’s probably worth bearing in mind that household waste is about 14% of total waste generated in the UK, so I’d budget for a pretty hefty increase in your tax bill.

Who’s tax do you think goes to pay for all this fly-tipped crap, often tons of it, to be cleared up?
    Or do you think there’s the dog shit fairy’s twin comes along and does it during the hours of darkness?
    🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think that’ll amount to millions of pounds but I reckon there’s probably 10-100k to be made there.

Maybe £5k absolute tops. Which after you’ve paid for the understudies from Snatch, is not the canniest of business plans.

TheDTs
    Free Member

The traveler which assaulted my 71 year old dad didn’t seem bothered about cameras.
    The travelers father, who called while the police were here was apologetic and promised that there wouldn’t be any ‘trouble’ if we promised not to take things any further with the police!
    The father said he would sort things out at his end, whatever that means!

The CCTV is quite comical to watch now.
    Vid looks real to me.

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

I don’t think that’ll amount to millions of pounds but I reckon there’s probably 10-100k to be made there.

Maybe £5k absolute tops. [/quote]

From youtube. By tomorrow the channel will have enough views to become a partner which might open up other revenue streams, to say nothing of how much those online newspaper/news sites might pay.

Which after you’ve paid for the understudies from Snatch, is not the canniest of business plans.

Could easily be three mates, one of whom does a half decent traveler accent. You want a traveler accent? I’ll get you one cheap.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Both accents sounded made up…

ransos
    Free Member

whose tax do you think goes to pay for all this fly-tipped crap, often tons of it, to be cleared up?
    Or do you think there’s the dog shit fairy’s twin comes along and does it during the hours of darkness?

Well branes, it’s a drop in the ocean compared to picking up the tab for all commercial waste disposal.

ransos
    Free Member

Why would business waste be dumped for free? Or do they not pay rates where you come from?

And yes, charging households for kerbside collection is where most of this crap seems to come from.
    Ah, so you think local authorities should do it. How do you propose that they pay for it?

And household collection is free.

footflaps

Well Katie Hopkins is unemployed, maybe she’s started making viral vids. Her sort of thing, pick a minority race….

giantalkali
    Free Member

That wasn’t even remotely a pikey accent.

Fake

kerley
    Free Member

I’m frequently logging incidents of flytipping using the FixMyStreet android app.

Ensure your gps is on, open the application, let it locate you, take photos, add brief description, send report.

The council where I live has their own app which does the same, as well as reporting other stiff. Very effective and stuff picked up in a few days. Saves me money paying for them to take it away.

funkmasterp

Don’t know what makes you think they’re Travellers?

They’re in the middle of the countryside innit. How did they get there without travelling? 🙄

jkomo

Yeah, fake.
    Not a good fake either.

kayak23

The council where I live has their own app which does the same, as well as reporting other stiff.

An app that deals with fly tipping and undertaking? Impressive.

kerley
    Free Member

An app that deals with fly tipping and undertaking? Impressive

Yep, I have so far been lucky in that they haven’t checked what is in the black bags.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Relaxing drive out in the countryside…’ is closed to new replies.