Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Relatively Trivial Ebay Dispute, who's right
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

Wish I could buy pedals without cleats. Think I’ve bought 7 pairs of pedals in the same time space as 1 pair of shoes which I’ve changed the cleats on once.

can i have a pair 🙂

my cleats are so worn that both feet popped out of the pedals trying to accelerate from the lights on this mornings commute 😯

wwaswas

*reported*

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection! Just to report it?

shermer75
    Free Member

It was resurrected by an advert that has since been deleted! 🙂

dhyetiman
    Free Member

So did you ever get the cleats? Personally you are wrong for not reading the description, however, the seller has been slightly sneaky by listing as new unopened instead of new:other

However, the best that could happen is they offer a refund out of goodwill, but as they offered the cleats cheap I don’t really see the point in this post!, in fact this post is so old it’s irrelevant but as i read all of it before I realised it was7 months old I wanted my say LOL

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You have to read things properly . I told this to a friend of mine many years ago who thought he was going to watch Duran Duran in concert but he had actually bought tickets for Duran Duran Duran who were not quite the same group.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Without re-hashing the thread too much, yes I did get the cleats for the difference in price.

No they didn’t admit they were wrong.

Yes i do still think I was in the right seeing as if you visit ebay via google shopping all you see is the picture and “new, in box, etc etc”. to me “new” doesn’t mean, new, box opened, important parts removed to sell seperately. New pedals come with cleats, 2nd hand ones might not. if they’d had anything to the effect in the title that cleats weren’t included I’d not have bought them (and asks the question, why not mention that you’ve opened the box and removed the cleats in the title if you’re not trying to obscure that fact) .

It’d be like buying a ‘new’ DVD from HMV then getting home and finding a note in the box saying DVD sold seperately.

aracer
    Free Member

Without re-hashing the thread too much

yet…

Yes i do still think I was in the right

despite most posters disagreeing with you, so here we go again…

if you visit ebay via google shopping all you see is the picture and “new, in box, etc etc”.

Well actually what you see is just “****Shimano M520 Silver SPD MTB Pedals****” the picture (which doesn’t show any cleats) and “New”
    http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/290764806615?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

It’s only your preconceptions which appear to make you think you should have got cleats. Interestingly to get the description of “New” which you appear to be basing your complaint on, you have to click on the “View Description / Legal Information” link which then gives you the specific no cleats information.

It’d be like buying a ‘new’ DVD from HMV then getting home and finding a note in the box saying DVD sold seperately.

Yes, it’s exactly like that 🙄

richmtb

In other news. Its the 20th anniversary of the film “Groundhog Day”

Does anyone need a plot synopsis?

drlex
    Free Member

In other news. Its the 20th anniversary of the film “Groundhog Day”

tonyd

It was resurrected by an advert that has since been deleted!

Eh? How does that work?

OP was wrong IMO.

FuzzyWuzzy

The only issue here is google shopping not showing the full description, how the hell that’s the seller’s problem I don’t know.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Relatively Trivial Ebay Dispute, who's right’ is closed to new replies.