• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by g5604.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Registering a domain name who's good
  • rOcKeTdOg

Registered in the past and had a right game contacting and getting advice off the host.

So who’s good, has a straight forward process & is reasonably priced?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

vidahost for me.

Drac

Reg 123

123 Reg 😳

chakaping
    Free Member

TSO Host are reasonably priced and you can ring up and talk to someone/get someone to tell you how to do stuff easily.

ffej
    Free Member

I’ve used 123 reg for years. Cheap, full control from their web panel. Haven’t had to call them, it just works. I don’t host a site with them, just domains.

Rubber_Buccaneer

had a right game contacting and getting advice off the host.

123-reg for me but I have never needed to contact them as I have always been able to set up email, website, etc with third parties just by following 123-reg guides and maybe a tiny bit of googling. DNS, MX, A, none of this means anything to me, I just follow the instructions

onewheelgood

1&1 have been fine for me for the last 15 years or so and are certainly cheap, but as above I’ve never had to contact them for anything. It was a distinct faff getting MX records sorted for Google domains but I got there in the end. Might be better now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

123 reg. Don’t know how they compare these days but they were just recommended years ago and have been fine for me.

Anything that is cheap, has good full controls over the domain records, and transfers aren’t ransomed (before 123 reg, I had this problem as some would make themselves the admin contact, so transfer requests went to them and they’d charge a fee to transfer out. If you are the admin contact, they can’t do that).

Also, anything that isn’t GoDaddy. So many corporates who are tight arses go for them, and I always hear horror stories about them. Worse with hosting and certificates.

Cougar

I’ve used 123 reg for years.

Likewise.

handyman153
    Free Member

I’ve always used GoDaddy and they have never let me down.

john_drummer
    Free Member

123-reg here too. It just works

hedley
    Free Member

Me.

Digital Essence

PM me and I’ll give you my mobile number. Being easy to contact and happy to provide help and advice is important to me.

windyg
    Free Member

123 Reg – Used for about 4 domains, all been fine.

g5604
    Free Member

1 and 1 + 123 reg are both hopeless if something goes wrong.

Namecheap are excellent, get instant help on live chat

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Registering a domain name who's good’ is closed to new replies.