Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Register to vote or stop compaining
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Right time is nearly up.
    You need to fill in this form before Monday to register.
    https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Despite 2015 being the highest turnout since 97 it still meant 33.9% of people did not express an opinion
    http://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htm
    In many seats the majority would be Didn’t bother.
    So even if you go and land a snot rocket on the paper (please don’t as somebody actually counts it) go markit right ***** ************ ******** on it, draw a picture of a massive cock and balls but turn out and be counted.

Murray

Agreed.

zippykona

” it’s a safe seat my vote won’t make any difference” is not a valid excuse.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wordnumb
    Free Member

You’ve got to be in it to win it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also funding is partly calculated on vote share so smaller parties with more votes will do a bit better.

deadkenny
    Free Member

If the people who couldn’t be arsed to vote during the referendum actually voted, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are today (remember – only 37% of the electorate actually voted to leave).

wordnumb
    Free Member

Is there a minimum turnout threshold, below which the election is invalidated?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nope just who turns up. Hence get out there.

carlosg
    Free Member

[quoteIf the people who couldn’t be arsed to vote during the referendum actually voted, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are today (remember – only 37% of the electorate actually voted to leave). [/quote]
    You have the figures to show how the non voters would have voted ?

Voting should be a legal requirement , with postal votes there shouldn’t be an excuse.

gauss1777
    Free Member

If the people who couldn’t be arsed to vote during the referendum actually voted, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are today (remember – only 37% of the electorate actually voted to leave).

But of an extrapolation that, is it not?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I can’t understand it: I have never once *not* voted even for local council or PCC elections.
    I have friends with university degrees who still don’t bother ffs “doesn’t matter, the government always gets in.” 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I think I’ll do both, cheers.

gauss1777
    Free Member

^+1 I to have voted at every opportunity. A colleague of mine, voted for the first time in the independence referendum, then acted like he should have gotten a medal 🙂
    Whilst I have always voted, I do not feel strongly that others should (other than my children, who as we always have gone to vote as a family, naturally do). The people I know who do not vote, perhaps shouldn’t.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

what’s compaining??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

andylaightscat – Member
    what’s compaining??

Something to keep this bumped up until the deadline

Murray

I’ve not always voted because there were lots of times that I couldn’t get to a polling booth due to working away. Postal vote has sorted that 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Nonsense – voting is just another form of government spying, have you never seen how they write down your ballot number every time you vote?

Power to the people!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGx5wYBHjZo[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

I am in a Labour stronghold with 55% majority.

Am I allowed to phantom vote 15,000 times? 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ninfan I respect your need to vote. You should use it Brand is a prick not voting means you are not represented.
    chewkw do you have a vote?

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    chewkw do you have a vote?

Yes. 😀

Info here just in case many of you don’t understand the meaning of commonwealth.

The following cannot vote in a UK Parliament election:

members of the House of Lords
    EU citizens (other than UK, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus and Malta) resident in the UK
    anyone other than British, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizens
    convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences, excluding contempt of court (though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register)
    anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election

thecaptain
    Free Member

zippy (and anyone else) yes living in a safe seat makes voting a complete waste of time. If I had anything better to do I probably wouldn’t c bother, but it is only a couple of mins walk from my house so I will.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well there you go, I suggest a little more LSD before you try and write with the banana

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    well there you go, I suggest a little more LSD before you try and write with the banana

I am going to persuade all commonwealth citizens to vote MY way.
    I shall tell them who to vote. 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thecaptain – Member
    zippy (and anyone else) yes living in a safe seat makes voting a complete waste of time.

Until all of you who didn’t vote did, what was the turnout in your electorate? As above the funding for smaller parties relies on their share of the vote so that is also important.
    If you want to be heard go vote.

ulysse
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsEEoqNk700[/video]

Unlike Ninfan types, Brand does have the capacity to admit he was wrong, and change his opinion

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Despite 2015 being the highest turnout since 97 it still meant 33.9% of people did not express an opinion

And they’re the ones that grumble the most.

I used to have a choice of votes. The constituency boundary ran through my dining room. I could only vote once but could decide in which constituency to vote, Jeremy Hunts, or another tory stronghold.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

ah, and there was I thinking it’s the result of a poor educashion 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Listen to Brand here …

Are you lot spiritual now? 😛

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bKQXmvdr8o[/video]

edit: he contradicts himself in almost everything he says in the clip … 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Unlike Ninfan types, Brand does have the capacity to admit he was wrong, and change his opinion

Interesting concept – so if Labour do badly in this election, would you advocate them accepting they were wrong to turn left and returning to Blairite policies?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ninfan don’t be a dick.

ninfan
    Free Member

To coin a phrase…

“Sorry I forgot you don’t like things that disagree with your opinions…”

Eh Mike? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No your just being a dick. This is about encouraging people to register for the democratic process. If you want to divert from this start a thread on how it’s all so unfair.

ulysse
    Free Member

As a Green, I wouldn’t give a shite about labour if they lose, i’m concerned with the winning – the Corbynites espouse some of my parties goals. I don’t care how it’s brought about but I’m realist enough to realise that uk politics and some of its electorate are still too immature to accept Green policy. So Corbyn as a trojan horse and backdoor to more “Green” policy is fine by me.
    But if Labour do lose, I would welcome any move to encourage Corbyn /Mcdonnel / Rayner /Abrahams to defect to us.

chewkw
    Free Member

ulysse – Member
    As a Green, I wouldn’t give a shite about labour if they loose, i’m concerned with the winning – the Corbyn it’s espouse some of my parties goals.

Caroline Lucas wipes the floor with Tim, shouty shouty, Farron in a debate.

Farron could not even response to Lucas answers.

I would vote for Lucas over Farron any day … (if it’s a two horse race between them)

mattyfez

I’d normally vote lib dem, but I’m going to take a deep breath and vote labour, as they could win our local seat.

We can’t allow the Conservatives. They are pure evil.

blader1611
    Free Member

Is it ok to not vote and not complain about it?

ulysse
    Free Member

Bartley made me cringe at times on Question Time, Chewkw, but did hammer home a few truths when given the chance

kelvin

Vote.

Be very wary of anyone encouraging you not to vote… they probably are themselves.

mattyfez

Part of the problem is most people don’t actually take the time to read manifestos, they just rely on what’s in the tabloids and on Facebook, which all is very bias.

Then they vote.

chewkw
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member
    We can’t allow the Conservatives. They are pure evil.

I am voting for the Conservatives as I support PM May. 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Register to vote or stop compaining’ is closed to new replies.