• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Regarding Death certificates
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

I’ve orderd a death certificate from the ‘Gov. website’ will it have the cause of death on it.

Thank you

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh yes.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yes

The details contained on a death certificate include: •Name, date and place of death.
    •Date and place of birth (before 1969 a certificate only showed age of deceased).
    •Occupation and usual address.
    •Cause of death.
    •The person who gave information for the death registration.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/most_customers_want_to_know.asp#CertificateInformation

mrsfry
    Free Member

Not helping you cheeky young pup.

Would it be a ‘Quincey’ type of thing where they go into cause of death or would it just have a date of death

Thank you 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Thank you very much Mr Rubber Buccaneer.

May trifle rain down on you 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Would it be a ‘Quincey’ type of thing where they go into cause of death

If you want detail you may be disappointed. It will give the cause and maybe a contributory factor but as an example someone who died of HIV may mot have that as the cause of death it will say what actually got them, maybe pneumonia.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mrsfry you are Lord Lucan and I claim my 5 shillings

mrsfry
    Free Member

Thank you once again Mr Buccaneer. Just want to make sure no one slipped on the stairs.

Mr Smith. I shall meet you at the back of the carpark sunday night…..don’t tell anyone where you are going

maccruiskeen

May trifle rain down on you

What a way to go.

kcal

yes. Not in detail (old age and stuff quite common) but I did a bit of research in my family history (on mum’s side, dad’s was well covered through other relatives).

One seemed to have ‘fallen out of a window’ :0!
    another was ‘hit by a train on level crossing’ (this was in 1860s so probably little safety features)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Regarding Death certificates’ is closed to new replies.