• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Refreshing – hard wax oil
  • Earl
    Free Member

Jumped on this bandwagon 5 ago.  The high use area show wear – especially the kitchen.

I see there are ‘Maintenance Oils’ I can get but would it be better to just apply another layer of the normal oil over the top?

johndoh
    Free Member

Yes you can – but make sure you clean it thoroughly before you apply it otherwise you’ll seal in marks.

And I would suggest you use their own cleaning kit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can hire a lightweight buffing machine, to clean with an intensive cleaner – then top coat with HW oil. Don’t bother with any product that says it “refreshes”. Generally all HW oils are cross compatible. They are mostly the same thing, just varying solids content and drying times. Timing is important as the room will be out of action for a day or so while it dries.

johndoh
    Free Member

Generally all HW oils are cross compatible.

Apart from UV-Oil and PolyX which I found to my horrible experience. Fortunately, as I was recommended this combination by the flooring suppliers, I had my brand new floor ripped up and relaid at their expense.

Earl
    Free Member

I used Blanchon hardwax oil which says its about 5 hours under ideal conditions.  (summer day with a nice breeze?)

Thanks folks. Will do as advised.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Refreshing – hard wax oil’ is closed to new replies.