Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reflexology
  • woody21
    Free Member

Has anyone tried reflexology to improve sleep and cut stress / depression?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes, I got it on the NHS 4 years ago. I don’t get all the stuff about your big toe is linked to your stomach etc, but it was very relaxing and, I felt very beneficial.

My therapist was great though and almost acted as a councillor. Maybe it was as much what she said as what she did which helped most…

Give it a go and see how you get on.

arewethereyet
    Free Member

I thoroughly recommend it. I had some very bad stress issues at the time & it helped me. What I found weird was there might be parts of the foot not related to stress that would be sensitive. I’d say it hurts – or she’d mention an area was ‘crunchy’ – then I’d ask what part of the body it related to and it would be your knee or something. Only, you had bruised your knee, and it did hurt. But you’d not told her that..

To me, it work.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I did it just to relax upon, I hated it because I have ridiculously ticklish feet, just an hour of twitching feet for me!

Kryton57

Yep. My wife is a reflexologist and has helped lots of people. It’s like sports massage though – people think they are going for a “foot massage” then are surprised epwhen it hurts a lots.

One of my friends had been constipated for 10 days, then did a massive shit two hours after the treatment – thankfully at her own house.

woody21
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll give it a whirl

teef
    Free Member

Reflexology is Pure Quackery – might work at best as a Placebo

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/reflex.html

PiknMix
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll give it a whirl

Make sure you have access to a toilet, I hear it can get messy.

My experience was that for the duration it’s relaxing then afterwards same old same old.
    I am however far more chemically imbalanced than most.

lovewookie

Thing I kinda get from reflexology (used to have it while I was racing many years ago) was that it was a nice relaxing de-stresser, Don’t get on with the notion that this bit relates to that, but what I d think is that if you move and work those crunchy bits, it’ll subtly alter the way you stand, your hip alignment, and everything that’s attached to your puppet like body. Providing it’s done by someone who knows a bit about physiology then there should be some benefits.

Far better than the pain/shock inducing reactions from chiropractors.

woody21
    Free Member

Didn’t realise that it was that relaxing!

lovewookie

It was pretty relaxing for me. not too painful, just crunchy. one of my riding buddies used to fall asleep during his session.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reflexology’ is closed to new replies.