Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • refilling hope mono mini help!
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Stripped and rebuilt levers on my mono minis. Made sure I got the seals on the piston the right way round.

But they don’t appear to be pumping did out of the master cylinder.

I do the normal bleed process and after I release the lever and open the bleed valve for the next cycle fluid is pulled back into the caliper, like there’s a vacuum being pulled.

Any ideas?

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Have you tried a back-bleed? Push fluid up from the calliper with a syringe and some tubing?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Hmm. Will give it a go.

Any Other ideas?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Try that it ne first. It will work. The only addition I have to that is I might also suck air out of the caliper end as well if it’s being stubborn.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Nope, not working. Not sure how you push fluid up from the caliper without it pissing out the threads of the bleed nipple?

Even without the hose attached the master cylinder doesn’t pump any fluid out of the reservoir.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seals must be the wrong way round as you have to have rebuild it wrong

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I double checked against the drawing that they were facing the correct way and I made sure the correct seal was in the right location. i.e. the smaller bore seal fitted to the smaller dia shaft seat and vice versa.

It seems that the fluid from the master cylinder is not flowing into the piston chamber, because if i put fluid back down the hose port it will happily pump that out. I can’t see any sign of blockage ( I removed the baffle plate to have a look.)

I’m getting very frustrated with it. :-/

alanf
    Free Member

Try pumping the lever whilst tapping the hose. It may be a bubble in the master cylinder that is stopping the flow.
    Keep the system open i.e. don’t close the nipple or maybe don’t connect the hose to the caliper and try the above. If bubbles start coming up from the master cylinder in the reservoir then the fluid should be moving. Once it’s moving you should be away.
    If not sounds like you maybe need to strip the master cylinder again.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

thanks alan.

I think it has got to the stage where I would happily administer a bit of percussive maintenance.

alanf
    Free Member

I did a hose swap last week and was suffering similar symptoms.
    I used the above and once the bubbles were coming up in the reservoir it was all systems go.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’ve sorted it! Thanks Alan.

Pulled a vacuum with a syringe on end of hose and pumped repeatedly until I finally got spurge through. With a bit of tapping for good measure.

All bled and nice and firm.

🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘refilling hope mono mini help!’ is closed to new replies.