Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Redundant-trackworld. I'm in.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Turned up for work yesterday and the whole work force were called into a meeting to be told that we have ceased trading and gone into liquidation. We were then given 30 mins to get our stuff and leave the site.
    There was only one thing to do in a situation like that and that is all pile down the pub.! We had an almighty piss up in the pub at the end of the road. Quite sad saying goodbye to folks I have worked with for six years.
    Trouble is I am on holiday pretty much for all of August so the chances of looking for a job are slim to none.

Murray

Sorry to hear that – don’t worry about being on holiday in August, most people recruiting will be too.

bearnecessities

We were then given 30 mins to get our stuff and leave the site

Christ, that’s got to be a shock to the system. 😯

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just a bit. The company has been a slowly sinking ship for some time but I wasn’t expecting that on a Thursday morning.

toby1

Just before the weekend and with holiday time coming, sounds like it’s time to enjoy a few weeks of summer then get cracking on the next challenge.

Good luck with it all 🙂

ononeorange

Something about yesterday. Loads gone from my company, and I think those of us left are in borrowed time. A very odd feeling today, finding out who’s left. I’m too old to find another job in anything I might know about now.

Not a nice time. I keep thinking something will pick up sometime – maybe a few decades time…..

Good luck Neil.

parkesie
    Free Member

30mins to pack your stuff? They’d be amazed at how much stuff was mine if that happened to me.

mightymule
    Free Member

30mins to pack your stuff? They’d be amazed at how much stuff was mine if that happened to me.

😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There wasn’t a drill left in the workshop by the time everyone left.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

6 years of a (low) capped redundancy , been there done that- Dont expect much payout

Good luck for the future though and I hope it all works out

project
    Free Member

Trouble is I am on holiday pretty much for all of August so the chances of looking for a job are slim to none.

Surely youll still have access to newspapers,the internet job sites etc,to look for a job/work.

But it must have been hell of a shock, what buissnes are you in, because one going bust usually starves others of cash flow so more down the line go bust, like a feeding frenzie.
    Make sure you get all the redundancy owed from the governmnet redundancy office along with back pay.

Oh and go out and ride your bike.

footflaps

You don’t work for Greenwoods by any chance?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You don’t work for Greenwoods by any chance?

Yup. Did you.?

footflaps

No, but I was just trying to arrange collection of a load of radio kit of ours from their stores when I found out they’d folded, hence I thought you might work there.

Bad luck on the redundancy, seemed a really nice place, just a shame there’s no money in installation right now. One of your competitors, CSL, also folded last month (with more of our radio kit in their stores as well).

Also, quality of the work from Greenwoods was absolutely first rate, so hopefully the riggers I knew (and everyone else) will find work quickly.

beanie
    Free Member

If you did work for greenwoods, I sorry to here that they have folded, only found out yesterday when I was chasing up a order I had for work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Redundant-trackworld. I'm in.’ is closed to new replies.