Redundant components….

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Redundant components….
  • Premier Icon boriselbrus
    Subscriber

a mate with a shop couldn’t give away front mechs or shifters for MTB, they are just about done apart from the niche or the minority

Well judging by the bikes we get the shop for repair they’ll be around a while yet.  We get more bikes in with canti brakes than disc brakes.  Maybe one bike in 50 is a 1x, pretty much everything else is 3x, we’ve had a total of 5 bikes in with tubeless tyres this year,

Most folk are just riding around commuting on the bike they’ve had for years, or playing with the kids in the park at weekends.  Not everyone is on an Enduro Sled.

mikewsmith

Most folk are just riding around commuting on the bike they’ve had for years, or playing with the kids in the park at weekends.  Not everyone is on an Enduro Sled.

Yep he dealt neatly always with mountain bikes and decent road bikes not commuters, I should have been more specific…

It’s just about dead in new MTB’s

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

My ’93 Kilauea frame is being transformed into a tourer

My 97 Fire mountain is being converted into a sort of tourer/gravel/Road commuter frankenbike, its going to be using lots of old “obsolete” parts, including friction shifters, I’m sort of more excited about that bike than any new toys I’ve seen for a while… Probably a sign of getting old.

trail_rat

Absolutely.

It’s impossible to buy a new bike with a triple.

Not like say a majority of entry level mtbs up to about 600 quid such as a specialized rockhopper , trek Marlin , spesh pitch  etc etc .

Basically anything that is aimed at the general consumer rather than the semi pro enduro racer.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Redundant components….’ is closed to new replies.