Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reducing travel with all travel spacers
  • submarined
    Free Member

Is there one? I’ve just managed to get a SH Orbea MX24 for my son, and he’s bouncing off the walls with excitement. He’s been saying for ages he wants suspension, and I know most kids stuff is rubbish, however I’ve got a set of older 26″ Revelations on a not much used jump bike that I could temporarily swap for rigids – but I think they’re on 130mm at the mo which is waaay too much.

Is there any reason I can’t add a shedload of spacers? To take it down to say, 70/80mm? They’re dual air so there’s no transfer port to worry about.

Secondly, is there any alternative to the RS spacers? They’re about 15 quid and the budget is already stretched super tight with the bike purchase! Plus I’ll need to build a new wheel, so every little bit helps! I don’t have a lathe…

thols2

Have you tried overpressurizing the negative chamber to stop them extending fully? Might be good enough for a kid to play on.

Tracey

In the back of the garage I have every set of spaces that have ever come with our Rockshox forks, we never removed or fitted any. When our girls were little the ran 26″ Revelation dual airs, If any one can point me in the right direction with some dimensions. colours etc. I can have a look to see if I have what you need and post them out FOC if I have the right ones.

submarined
    Free Member

That’s super kind @Tracey!
    Unfortunately I don’t have any so can’t take measurements. The best I can do is suggest they look a bit like this: https://www.tredz.co.uk/.RockShox-All-Travel-Spacer-Kit-2010-Not-Compatible-with-SID-Reba-Revelation-SoloAir-_69823.htm?sku=214221&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhP2BBhDdARIsAJEzXlGL885u15PwYXOEqaQWtwfEj5L1M5wv2tCvvgZIcmeI97XxCxTQ3ocaAgkuEALw_wcB and this suggests they’re about 13mm ID and 2 OD if that helps? https://www.mtbr.com/threads/diy-rock-shox-all-travel-spacers.597710/

Sorry for the long links, interface on the phone…

Tracey

I will have a look in the garage and see what I can find. If I’ve got any like that I will get pics and measurements. Will let you know either way

submarined
    Free Member

Fab, massive thanks 😊

Tracey

Gone through all the tokens and spacers and can only find one that may fit. It measures 10mm by 22mm ish.
    If its any use or you can make any of the others we have fit you are welcome to them

Jordan

Who left the door open while the concrete was going off then?

Tracey

Builder, before the door was fitted, think it was a tiger

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reducing travel with all travel spacers’ is closed to new replies.