• This topic has 103 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Redbull Hardline – 10-11 September
  • spawnofyorkshire

@dander both of them do it

“Has jess blewitt cleared those new jumps yet as I just can’t see her being able to do it as its down to speed and strength.”

She can send monster jumps and rides at dyfi alot. The Atherton’s know her and they wouldn’t have invited her if they didn’t think she could do the course.
    Gutted she’s broken her collarbone, there’s a few keyboard critics who could have done with being proven wrong.

reeksy

Dan isn’t on the qualifying list

fingerbang
    Free Member

Its worth catching kerr’s seeding run on his LSD channel. It’s scarily fast and his first full run (I think) He’s been on fire this season

somafunk

^ , one qualifying run on his damaged wrist/hand and he’s 3 sec clear on an insane run that looked speeded up, must be favourite for tmorns win (again)

sharkattack

Anyone hoping to watch live needs to tune in an hour earlier than planned. They’ve bumped it forward because of the weather forecast.

Should be live here https://youtu.be/qrzUvVxP7js

crab
    Free Member

Can’t get my head around the size of those new features. It’s a shame Kolb pulled out, but at the same time, respect to him for being there in the first place. Great to see Gee back and firing, unbelievable considering what he’s been through. Goldstone looks awesome on the vids I’ve seen, style for days and good to see the Irish guys doing well too. Just hope no one smashes themselves up too bad today, it’s beyond brutal this track.

reeksy

It’s live now for anyone that missed the time change… and so far it’s a royalty free zone (Warner excepted)

submarined
    Free Member

Josh Lowes crash from yesterday looks horrible.
    https://fb.watch/ftzocpsLWc/

bruneep

😲 Jackson

weeksy

Jeepers! That’s epic from the youngster.

The big boys even in WC are getting more and more worried for next year with the youngsters

tomhoward

Based on a fairly recent video, I reckon I could take him…

kayak23

Amazing run. Rapid as.
    Gutted for Bernard 😭

scuttler

I’m not a racer but it was obvious without the clock that Jackson was tons faster. Awesome riding through the tech (assuming they’re all much the same speed over the motorway stuff).

BoardinBob

FFS

Was out on the bike earlier and then spent a few hours doing some garden stuff with the plan of watching Hardline once the replay was up

Just sat down to watch it. Went to the Red Bull app, clicked on replay and the screen popped up with a bunch of text announcing that Jackson had won. 😭

submarined
    Free Member

Someone might want to put a spoiler alert on this thread.

scuttler

It’s not us that’s spoiling, RB has form for this. You need your partner or kids to load it up for you.

weeksy

Tbh you open a thread titled “redbull hard-line” a couple of hours after the event and not expect a spoiler then I’m slightly lacking in sympathy

stwhannah

Ooh, that was a bit good. I really enjoyed Rachel’s commentary too. ‘What does a scaphoid really do?’

sharkattack

Rachel was good at reminding us that the Continental rubber was hooking up really good.

malv173
    Free Member

Another fan of Rachel’s commentary. Totally at ease until Gee was racing. Plenty of personality alongside her knowledge and experience. I especially enjoyed her kestrel impressions!

And it was a great race. Totally gutted for Adam and Bernard. Not surprised to see Jackson do well. He’s been hitting huge jumps for years, even at just 18. I remember watching the videos of his 11 year old self. He was incredible then. EDIT: just watched Tom’s post. He was sending it way before 11 then!

Next season (when it arrives) should be very interesting.

finephilly
    Free Member

The winning run was off the hook! Definitely going next year…

crab
    Free Member

Superb race, there was a tension before every rider started, it wasn’t like the start of a world cup. Good to see all the crashes were relatively slow speed, it really all came down to the manky bit of woods at the top, that rock slab going into it.

Goldstones run was so sharp. The berms after the massive gaps were unbelievable.
    Gutted for Kerr, sure the split came up green just as he went down.

sharkattack

This is even scarier than his Val Di Sole runs.

desperatebicycle

Magnificent racing. Got quite emotional when Gee crossed the finish line. And 6th, what a legend.
    That kid who won, he’s tiny! I was checking his riding out on youtube after the he was so fast in the D?H racing. What a rider, what a future that lad has!

spawnofyorkshire

Gutted more for Charlie Hatton, race ruined first turn because the berm collapsed.

scuttler

Yeah disappointing for Charlie Hatton, kind of hoped given the community feel of the event (I’ve been watching Jono’s vids), the riders would’ve had a 30 second powwow and agreed to let him restart.

kayak23

Rachel was good at reminding us that the Continental rubber was hooking up really good.

Yeah I noticed that 😂 Rob just stayed quiet.

Yeah such a shame for Charlie.
    I mean it was in feet of the start. Totally should have just told him to start again.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Someone might want to put a spoiler alert on this thread.

What the hell for?

The title of years thread couldn’t be any clearer.

chrismac

I didn’t think much to rach in commentary. Her main aim ended to be to plug her sponsors rather than talk about the race. I found the endless hype trying to make it sound like the race was important when most of the worlds elite don’t even bother turning up very tiresome

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Agree I thought Rachel’s commentary was awful. Jono Jones should have been on

So is that Bernard Kerr retiring? I wouldn’t be surprised, especially watching his last vlog

mashr

when most of the worlds elite don’t even bother turning up very tiresome

Didn’t turn up, or weren’t invited?

rockhopper70

Went today with my son. It’s not the easiest spectator spectacle but the features are huge. Great atmosphere, got a touch of sunburn! And the lad got a photo with Jackson..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiYdzp9MVqL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

BearBack
    Free Member

most of the worlds elite don’t even bother turning up

Give us a list of WC racers who are capable of following Nico Vink and Brendan Fairclough down Fest Session sized jumps? Nope?
    Give us a list of freeriders who are mega fast in the tech? Nope?
    Jacksons sessioned Fest and cut his teeth being progresses through Woodward’s mega ramps by all manner of the worlds best freeriders. His early jr WC race results were pretty unexpected I think and were quite the surprise as far as I understand it as his early focus wasn’t DH race.
    There’s are so few crossover athletes really capable of doing it.
    Semenuk would’ve been a great participant but Rampage being a higher priority and now with edits and rally paying the bills I cant see the risk/reward.

weeksy

It’s a tricky one as there must be a risk/reward thing for some/many riders. Obviously HArdline is pretty bonkers and doing a shoulder/wrist comes really easiy. But i’d be many of them just come for the experience and would do whether they’re getting paid or whether they’re told by the sponsors etc… Just for a laugh and to see if they can.

Clearly though with some of this years line up, the pro DH racers CAN come and get down it.. but obviously it’s not for everyone.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Watched the last 8 or so riders come down yesterday. Was close until Goldstone came down – I don’t follow DH at all anymore so didn’t really know any of the names but that lad was up at the first split and just kept going faster and faster!

With regard to who turned up – I thought Hardline was basically a glorified mates race or it used to be hence the huge home nations contingent…

teenrat

It’s a shame that 3 of the 4 top seeds came unstuck in the first 20 seconds of the run. Hopefully that’s not the last we see of grandad and bk. Both seemed gutted at the end.

You have to be impressed by Jackson though. Will be interesting to see him and Jordan Williams in the seniors (although both have shown senior pace already).

chrismac

Didn’t turn up, or weren’t invited?

Doesn’t really matter. The point is they have been trying to big this up as some super prestigious event yet most of the best WC DH riders and teams arent there. IMHO it just shows that its more hype than substance.

weeksy

yet most of the best WC DH riders and teams arent there

That’s because it’s not a DH event ? Most of them are not at Rampage either… does that lessen the status of Rampage ?

Robz
    Free Member

IMHO it just shows that its more hype than substance.

Did you watch the same thing I did? I saw some very high-stakes and extremely impressive riding. Plenty substance if you ask me. Hardline was started by the Athertons and has gradually grown over the years. Its managed and designed for riders by riders.

I am not sure there are that many lining up to race this event (or even capable of doing so). I understand that plenty of the worlds best have turned up, taken a look, hit a few lines and decided its not for them.

I for one am glad that Red bull continue to support and put out such free-to-view events.

sharkattack

Doesn’t really matter. The point is they have been trying to big this up as some super prestigious event yet most of the best WC DH riders and teams arent there. IMHO it just shows that its more hype than substance.

You’re right. A real racer should come along and show them how it’s done. Someone invite Gregg Minnaar.

On second thoughts, didn’t Gregg come to ride it once and didn’t get his bike out of the van? It must have been beneath his abilities.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.