• This topic has 103 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Redbull Hardline – 10-11 September
  • cleetonator

Tickets have just gone on sale, who’s coming g to watch some delightful riding and some mental jumps? I wonder what Dan Atherton will have cooked up over the last couple of years.

Link for tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/red-bull-hardline-2022-tickets-314429766897

This could also be a good opportunity to make sure every seat in a car ticket gets filled. Might have a couple of spare seats leaving from Dudley area on the Sunday.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Wow £75 per car on the Sunday !

Anyone want to share the cost of a coach ?

At that price I think I will just stay home and watch in on the TV

Trimix
    Free Member

Fill your car with mates and its becomes reasonable.

duncancallum

Yeah get 7 seater n your wining

rockhopper70

I was going to start a thread on this.

Yes, it seems daft money but with 5 up, not so bad per person.

But, is it a good one to watch live? From the tv coverage, is it intermittent action and crowds around the big sends?

I’d probably book the Sunday (final?) but go the coed-y-Brenin on the Saturday and find accommodation somewhere between. Having typed that, sounds like the perfect lads n dads weekend!

steveh

I went once a few years ago, it’s good to see the scale of the features in person but I definitely wouldn’t go again. There are maybe 20 riders, probably 3 runs each that day, that’s very little riding in a long day…… There was lots of waiting and nothing happening.

rockhopper70

That’s my worry, compresses on’t telly it looks like relentless action but three for each rider on the Sunday isn’t too bad I suppose.

Definitely bike park is showing as open all that weekend, presumably the aether ton family will be at hardline and those won’t affect the park opening.

cleetonator

Bernard Kerr has his track walk up. The new jumps look massive. Can’t wait to see this on Sunday

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I watched that Vid last night.

Bernard was saying they have sanitised the course, but at the same time put some massive gap jumps in.

Hopefully there will be no wind at the weekend, because if the wind is in the wrong direction those gaps look like they would be impossible to clear, and like yesterday they will have to cancel.

They have got savvy now and said a max of 5 people per car.

reeksy

Bernard was saying they have sanitised the course, but at the same time put some massive gap jumps in.

Saniline… doesn’t really have the same ring to it.

tabletop2
    Free Member

The Jono Jones videos are really good. Much more insightful than Bernards if you want more info of track

explorerboy

We have 6 of us staying in an AirBnb, riding BPW on the sat and then Hardline on the Sunday.

WELL EXCITED

reeksy

The Jono Jones videos are really good.

Thanks for the tip. I like that his videos aren’t super long.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have a look at Janaynay too. Pivot Factory Junior team member. Her track walk yesterday was interesting. This is her latest vid

REDBULL HARDLINE DAY TWO – YouTube

Its a bit nuts when the pro’s are holding their breath when the pro’s are gapping those massive jumps at the top.

Looks like Bernard Kerr had a big off over clearing a jump. Explains why no vid upload from him

reeksy

… erm, is this going to be cancelled 😞

Gribs

Hopefully not. I’ll predict black armbands and a minutes silence.

TheBrick
    Free Member

erm, is this going to be cancelled

Why?

kayak23
    reeksy

… nobody seems to have footage of that front wheel taco landing though do they?

Gribs

It’s at the end.

reeksy

Oooof!

kayak23

Flippin eck

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Watching the Jono Youtube it looks like his front wheel just collapsed on landing. I’ve seen it happen on a road bike where a slight sideways force causes a spoke to snap and then the wheel just flops apart.

Interesting that no one is showing the damaged wheel, I doubt Reynolds will be keen on that !

Will it be cancelled ? Looking at the wind forecast for Sunday its blowing straight up at the jumps. They are only just making them as it is

DanW
    Free Member

It was a very back wheel first landing, overshooting a massive jump, at a crazy speed, which also blew the tyre front off. There was no way that was being ridden out intact wheel or not

kayak23
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just watched this video and you can see why he crashed, especially when you watch his latest vid where they have cut back the take off lip.

Looks like it was just the tyre that exploded on impact due to the sheer forces involved . He’s lucky to walk away from that !

bigfoot
    Free Member
    teenrat

I think they’ve spoilt the course by adding in those huge jumps after the on off. Seems to now be a wide motorway whereas before the jumps and hips in that section fitted in with the topography and old walls.

frogstomp

George Brannigan out (collarbone) after crashing on the on/off.

kayak23

I think they’ve spoilt the course by adding in those huge jumps after the on off. Seems to now be a wide motorway whereas before the jumps and hips in that section fitted in with the topography and old walls.

Yeah I have to agree really. The original track seemed more about finding a line down gnarly terrain with the odd feature built in to clear obstacles or make sense of it.
    This seems more like Darkfest style hits.
    I mean, absolutely incredible jumps and riding obviously but yeah, seems like a departure from the original feel of the event.

But yeah, it’s so cool to watch all the vlogs and stuff coming out from it. Really hope Bernard can ride and the wind stays away.

scuttler

Yeah I watched 2021 highlights to reacquaint myself with the course and it had plenty big jumps already and a great blend of scary natural and structures on obstacles. I think you’re right about the motorway.

reeksy

I really liked the wall, thought that was a cool feature. I guess Dan got a bit digger happy.

teenrat

I’ve watched it live twice and the wall section was my favourite place to watch.

Has jess blewitt cleared those new jumps yet as I just can’t see her being able to do it as its down to speed and strength.

frogstomp

Ah, that’s a real shame for Jess Blewitt.. had ticked off quite a few of the big features.

Qualifying is done.. props to BK pulling it out of the bag after his big stack!

weeksy

Interesting that Kolb said “nah, not doing that” lol. It’s proper bonkers.

Massive kudos to all who even try it

corroded
    Free Member

The injuries seem to have an air of inevitability. Bigger is not always better. I’d rather see the best riders excel at something than simply be scared by it.

dander

Does Dan Atherton ride this? Or just Gee?

reeksy

Shame for Jess.
    It does seem a bit OTT really.
    Watching some of the landings the riders unsurprisingly look like they’re barely hanging on. At some point that becomes a lottery.

It’s a spectacle alright, but I’m not surprised most of the WC riders give it a swerve. Wasn’t it the GOAT a few years back that refused to ride the road gap for a preview because he didn’t think it worth the risk?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.