Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Red Rose, BBC3. No spoilers……..
  • RustySpanner

Anyone else see this?

Funny, bleak, well written and well acted, very surreal in places.

Loved the Bolton setting and how it dealt with poverty, trauma, mourning and loss, whilst still making me smile.
    Loved the fact that the soundtrack was 10 years out of date, but the story appeared to be set in the present
    Bloody good story too.

I rather hope there isn’t a second series, it would ruin it.

If you enjoyed Scooby Doo as a kid, like a superbly written story and want to watch a beautifully shot piece of TV, give it a go.

All episodes available in UHD on the iPlayer.

Cougar

Not yet, but it’s appealed to me from the trailers. Good to hear a recommendation.

binners

Just finished it and thought it was great.

Nihal interviewed the guys who wrote it and they’ve been over in the US writing Hollywood scripts but wanted to come back home and do something in Bolton, where they grew up

I thought it was a pretty interesting comment on social media and many other things

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I thought it was ok, started off quite interesting. But there was too much in it that was so far fetched (eg. the house party!) that ruined it for me. Just a bit too silly.

chriscubed

Just finished it, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was about to run out of steam after episode 3 but it twisted and got better

I watched it on my commute, and on one episode I looked up and the train had arrived and emptied without me noticing. I was the only person on board 😃

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.