Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Red or blue – you decide (paisley jumper/Ryder Cup content)?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So Ryder Cup starts tomorrow. Who do you fancy? Is this the last chance to wave a blue and yellow flag? Has Davis assembled the best team ever? (Do you care 😉 – 1 4 the haterz)

nickc

Ryder cup seems like golf for football supporters to me. 😐

scaredypants

I don’t give a shit about golf, nor really the Ryder Cup outcome but GOD, it’s compelling viewing at times.

Is Poulter in it – I bloody love him !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I almost posted the same thing – all a bit OTT but still fun!

The jingoism goes too far, but its only every other year – expect some enthusiastic support as Danny Willet’s bro has indicated 😉

As an aside (I know I posted it before) but a great read for the advert breaks

Read it in one go, its an easy but interesting read debunking a lot of the RC BS

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Poult’s is a VC this time

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

and i thought that bikes had taken over from golf – no interest here!!

eemy
    Free Member

I’m not much of a golferist, but bit of a leap of faith having Matthew Kelly in charge of the European team I would have thought

Houns

Will be heading out shortly to get supplies for the next 3 days glued to the coverage

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m thinking the run will come to a tragic end for Yurrup this time around. The ‘Miracle at Medina’ last time on US soil was the most astonishing thing I’ve EVER seen on TV and it was riveting for about 5hrs that Sunday night four years ago….however, can’t see us doing that again.

Too many rookies, plus players like Westwood, who can’t putt, plus US no hopers like Jim Furyk reduced to VC role, spells doom for us. Hope I’m wrong though!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

eemy 😀 (FWIW mini THM played a school golf match against his son. Mini Clarke drove the 1st (P4) and two puts for a birdie. Dad was his caddy and very nice to my son and his mate giving them lots of lessons all the way round. A very, very nice bloke)

so

Rose and Stenson v Spieth and Reed – wow a great opener. Half but home advantage may tip it RED
    McIlroy and Sullivan v Mickleson and Fowler – RED
    Garcia and Kaymer v Walker and Johnson – BLUE
    Pieters and Westie v Johnson and Kuch – RED

Could be 1 1/2 : 2 1/2 or 1:3 by lunchtime.

I have wasted hours watching Westie miss crucial puts for majors but hopefully he can hole them this weekend.

Quick ride first and may record the start!!!

Rockape63
    Free Member
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We need some magic in match 1

(MTB crash earlier gives me an excuse to sit and watch!)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OOPS that’s the first short one Westie has missed. Let’s hope it’s the last too. And a crap drive too.

NZCol

Disaster.

Just totally fluffed my streaming radio mute/conference call unmute synchronisation thereby letting everyone know that I am listening to this instead of this incredibly important call….

Long way to go, no need for histrionics just yet. But I fear Europe could be outplayed this time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Monty’s commentary is already grating and it’s only the first morning

This top match is fun – MOTD

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oooh eck. Not a good morning

Rockape63
    Free Member

Long way to go but we can’t afford to go further behind today, so 2-2 in the afternoon would do but 3-1 win better.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Going back to my previus thread about the book about Captaincy – McGinley (We won, therefore I am good) already over-talking captaincy stuff

The US holed puts, we didnt. I guess that doesn’t make for headlines or £000k speaking fees though.

Reed is on fire today!!

Worried about some of our old guard. Clarke needs to trust in the young guys IMO

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I thought they were stuffed after this morning but they seem to be making a comeback. I reckon they’ll need a lead by end of play tomorrow though.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Excellent comeback after the red wash this morning

In the end, forget captaincy etc, at this level it comes down to the putter. We missed them this morning and holed them this afternoon and vv

Compelling stuff – especially with Moore draining outs now!!! Cmon Rapha

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

great comeback there – we can sleep better now with a final eagle from Team Europe

awesome golf

madeupname
    Free Member

[img]https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/89466584@N03/29405164953/[/img]
    Red or blue
    This is a more serious red or blue question….

jambalaya
    Free Member

I followed mostly on internet, quite a turn around in the mornjng from looking quite good to as bad as it gets. Captains nightmare really. Saw a few holes in the afternoon, course looked rather dull ? At least it’s not all over at 5-3 was fearing the worst. Brilliant format and team and match play format such a contrast to normal week tomweek. Pity its on Sky, most years I listen on radio

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

After some negative press reports, I thought the course worked well for match play with some real risk-reward choices

V funny watching Kuch play with DJ in the morning foursomes and hitting second shots from places he could never visit due to their massive differences in length off the tee.

The quality of golf was amazing at times – wasnt Stenson 7 under thru 14? Perhaps that is why course appeared dull

So Clarke is (sensibly) splitting Rose and Stenson and putting them with Rookies today. If they hole puts he will be a hero, if not, a villain!!!

Still peeing down here and leg still hurting from yesterday’s crash so looking forward to more golf!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What a first hole – birdie, birdie, boom, boom

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No one else following?

Incredible standard this afternoon. Birdies everywhere

Rockape63
    Free Member

Too busy watching to post. Absolutely riveting stuff and Europe slowly pulling themselves back into the match after that first morning. I think we need a lead going into the singles, but looking like level would still be s great comeback. 24 yr old Thomas Pieters is a Star!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The quality of golf is extraordinary.

My worry is our veterans – Westie, Kaymer (and Segio’s putting)

311yd par 3 and then DJs drive at 7 !!!!

Monty’s commentary is the only downside

Rockape63
    Free Member

I might be mistaken, but I swear Westwood just holed two putts and one of the was 25ft!! 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes but Sergio yipped one!!

I love Westie but tired off watching him miss out by just missing so many putts over the years.

8 irons into 200y+ par threes – its a different game to the one I play,

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s getting silly now!!!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think Reid nearly exploded! 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He needs to be careful in the translucent trousers.

DJs zipper looks like a codpiece

seadog101

Any sport that ranks players by the amount of money they win is a bit odious IMO.

On the whole, I cant stand the sport, but I will profess to wanting the outcome to be in the European favour.

NZCol

Exceptional golf, Reeds got his eye in, as has Westie. Compelling, little dram and some choc, living the dream.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

3/4 of the way through a 15% Shiraz/Mourvedre blend – need to careful as I have an early morning road ride!!

It’s beyond superlatives now. Some of the best gol ever seen. Reed 5 under over 4 holes is incredible

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s on Sky so most people aren’t following TMH.

Found some US coverage with Czech commentary yesterday 😯

Excellent fightback 0-4 to a point in it as we stand.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Can’t cope wit watching Kaymer, Garcia and Westie putt

Why is Kaymer playing this PM???

Pls put him out last tmorrow.

dantsw13

Can’t fathom some of Clarkes pairings. Why split up the spaniards??

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He went with experience (of missing load of putts) over youth.

I can’t watch our old boys on the greens – its too painful

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Red or blue – you decide (paisley jumper/Ryder Cup content)?’ is closed to new replies.