Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Red Kite Winter XC today – how did everyone get on?
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Tougher course and a longer lap today. I didn’t really have the legs for it but the racing was good.

Shame about the experts heading off the wrong way but the cake and tea was still very good.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it and the trails were far better than I expected for an XC race. I entered sport because it was my first XC race and I wanted to see how I got on. I came 3rd.

*I was the lad on the white and blue Carrera hardtail in the eye searing yellow baggy kit and knee pads.

gasyz
    Free Member

Nice new downhill section today really enjoyed it.can’t believe how knackerd I was,need to do some training.Did the morning race aswell not sure of result yet but I managed 3 laps in just over 90mins.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Has anybody else noticed that their 4th lap isn’t counted on the results?

wonnyj
    Free Member

Where are the results?

Gasyz – I must have benn around the same as you.
    Getonyourbike – yeah saw u going well, good 4 laps, they told me to stop after 3

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If you pre-entered, the results will have been emailed to you and if you haven’t then email them at events@redkite-events.co.uk and they’ll send you them.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Got them cheers

chrispo
    Free Member

I thought I’d better step up to the big boys’ race, but I kind of wish I hadn’t. It was quite lonely out there with only 15 of us starting and people then dropping like flies or taking detours to Scotland. I also found it really tough after starting too fast on the killer climb over the road, especially after misreading the signs and doing some of it twice! Oh, and doing it on a singlespeed didn’t help. What was I thinking?!

Loved the rooty descent but not the muddy climb – I think you lot messed it all up in the morning!!

Did they do a podium/prizes for the first race this time? After we finished it was like a ghost town, bit of an anticlimax!

According to Facebook, the results for the first race will be corrected this evening as the first lot sent out were wrong.

gasyz
    Free Member

Just seen results 10th(morning race)for me and a lap down on the leaders.really struggled on those climbs,need a new engine I think.fair play to those who did 4 laps.shame there weren’t more afternoon riders,be nice to watch how fast they go.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I thought I’d gone mad when I first asked about my position and was told I was 3rd because I swore there was only one guy in front of me. The updated results make much more sense.

I asked about a podium before I left and he said just to go home.

There’ll be at least another 2 in the elite race next time; my mate (Ste Aucock) and I are both stepping up to the next category because it wouldn’t feel right to enter the sport category again, after doing well in it.

whittlefit
    Free Member

First MTB race for me and really “enjoyed” it! Found the technical bits difficult, need to work on my skills!

chrispo
    Free Member

All together in one race next time apparently

NB The technical bits *were* difficult!

wonnyj
    Free Member

All together would make more sense. Most people just want a decent ride of a Sunday morning. I prefer to do the morning race cos I can get off for lunch at a decent hour. The longer lap helped to absorb all the riders this time around.

How was it decided if you got to do a 4th lap. Was there a 1hr30 cut off or something?

Also Gasyz, were you the guy in yellow with a puncture at the end? If so, I just pipped you for 9th. Was pretty harsh I thought.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Just one race sounds like a much better idea tbh.

Yeh, if you got round to the start/finish before the 1h30 cut off then you went and did another lap.

I think I’m going to stick a dropper post on for the next one so that I can actually have fun on the descents, like normal, instead of trying to ride with a saddle halfway up my arse.

gasyz
    Free Member

No,I was on the shiny 29er giant anthem,I also caught the guy wiv puncture on the last descent before finnish line.Bit harsh overtaking him before the flag, but thats racing and I’d just passed someone on the last climb,who was now on my tail.I think just one race would be better but include a Vet class.

mrbump
    Free Member

4th here ,in the first race. all together sounds ace. it was mine and getonyourbike’s first xc lap race, but we will be back for more!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Red Kite Winter XC today – how did everyone get on?’ is closed to new replies.