• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Red Kite Frozen Devil
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Is anyone else signed up for this or done it before – I know the area but not sure what to expect of this.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll be going. It should be good. I was talking to the organiser about it and he said that he’s going to be putting some wild descents, in which should be good. And Neil, the organiser is no slouch on a bike. I need to put in quite a bit of effort to stay on his rear wheel on a good descent.

The Winter XC races have been great too. Proper descents that reward those that can ride a bike, not just roadies on mountain bikes, so lots of fun.

fbk
    Free Member

Just found this event – looks like good fun and could be interesting given the time of year.
    The entry is a bit weird though – you can save £5 by entering in advance, but the entry website charges over £3 in fees. I think I might just wait and see what the forecast in and enter on the day 🙂

mint5auce
    Free Member

£3 really?
    Haven’t entered yet either, but have been looking at entry on the website where the transaction fee was £1.30, so £21.30 total if done in 2013.

fbk
    Free Member

Yep – just checked again. At the payments page it has a processing fee of £3.25 added to the bill. I can’t even see a way of entering more than one person so you could share the cost.

mint5auce
    Free Member

Try this link:
    Frozen devil
    They seem to have revamped the web-site recently and this new one only takes you to a British cycling link. The old one used riderhq and only seems to want £1.30 in fees 🙂

mint5auce
    Free Member

Yep, definitely works with that service still and is £1.30 fees, as I’ve just entered!

This thread could pass as a stealth tactic to get me entering an event I was still only half considering! If it was, it work! 😆

fbk
    Free Member

Good stuff – thanks mint5auce. Looks like I’ll be committing after all then

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Red Kite Frozen Devil’ is closed to new replies.