Red Dead Redemption 2

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 507 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • rene59

or maybe someone else is giving him their meat and he likes that better

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

No idea where I got the horse brush from.

Aha, got it now as part of the hunting mission.

winrya

I’ve managed to stay interested by it although it hasn’t blown me away like gta5 did on the PS4. Graphically it’s great but I find it’s all a bit slow and Barron. Maybe progress will open up more but it’s not bad just not as good as gta

chomp

After chuckling along to the ‘shit someone’ typo for a few posts I realised it sounded familiar – happy to have brought a bit of sunshine into the thread 🙂

I’m currently pottering about still – have decided to try to go after some of the legendary hunts and a bit of exploring so story has taken a bit of a back seat.

At what point do you unlock the ‘goat’ mission from John that gets you the scoped rifle?  I fancy progressing up until that point and then I can concentrate on hunting a bit more

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

After chuckling along to the ‘shit someone’ typo for a few posts I realised it sounded familiar – happy to have brought a bit of sunshine into the thread

Well since you mentioned it I have started noticing how much my horse shits!! It’s legendary in that respect is it a diet thing?

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

since seeing it on reddit i now love tackling people with the melee option. depending on where you are you have different options for hiw to dispatch them. for example tackle them in shallow water and you can drown them, tackle then holding a  lasso you can immediately hog tie them, or holding a SO shotgun you can do this

http://old.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rtxpu/its_not_a_good_day_to_be_a_bad_guy/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

Just shit a bounty hunter in the face with an arrow, only for him to fall backwards into his camp fire and burn to a crisp.

I actually feel bad about it.

Subscriber

a shitty death!.

hogtie a KKK member and throw them off a bridge is also rad.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

They seem quite adept at taking care of their own deaths.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

Installed downloaded and ready to go when the little man is in bed and the Mrs has finished watching rubbish tv.

Just spent the afternoon fishing and playing poker with my cowboy mates.

#whoneedsrealfriends.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Just saved a random bloke from being gunned down by loan sharks.

Went to talk to him whilst he was enthusing at me; accidentally hit the wrong button and drew my gun; he went “WTF?” and shot me; I killed him him self-defence, a witness ran to the sheriff; I didn’t quite catch him in time, got to the sheriff just as the 5-0 appeared from everywhere; tried to surrender but hadn’t stowed my gun so they started blasting; I went “bugger it, I’ll go down in a blaze of glory” and got shot to ribbons after racking up a massive bounty.

**** helping people.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

lol I just handbraked the horse around in front of some southerners and got riddled with bullets!!

Anyone got Catfish Jacksons stash yet? Nobody home when I’ve got there

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

Controls dragging tonight. Completing the train robbery is a faf when he’s climbing all over the carriage and the single action button is flashing between picking up my victims, opening draws and changing hats constantly.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Anyone else fastidously burning as many as there victims on campfires as possible? Asking for a friend…

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

My friend has not tried burning people……

… my other friend found throwing them into rivers and off cliffs to work quite well, them and the witnesses and maybe just passers by

rene59

My friend might be planning on hijacking a train a Riggs Station, stopping on the big high up bridge at Bard’s Crossing and throwing the passengers off one by one.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I’ve also heard down south you can get going through the racists too, mow a couple down with the horse and mop the rest up with a shotgun at night

It’s slow but addictive this one

Subscriber

Played just over an hour last night and got up to the end of the first hunting part. Really enjoying it actually. I haven’t had a game I can get into for a while now so really looking forward to progressing with it. Luckily the Mrs is out on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings! There goes any attempts to complete my training program on Zwift!

chomp

Getting proper annoyed at the lack of inventory space now.  Putting all efforts into trying to get the new satchels done so it unlocks the last one which I think has 99 slots of every type

I expect that to take me a couple of weeks, so I’ll pick up missions as and when they crop up while I’m out a huntin

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Turned up in a new town.  Some nobber immediately pulled a gun on me for no reason. I shot him back first, five witnesses to murder, all hell rained down, I hit the power button and am going to bed.  Bah.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Saint Denis? Yeah I ran over a chicken there so the locals srpinted towards me resulting in one get KO’d by Dobbin. Then the shit storm started.

Subscriber

Completed the first chapter last night. What weapons do people recommend?

I quite like the carbine but the pistol is rubbish!

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Dual pistols, carbine, shotgun and bow cover most situations.

Subscriber

god robbed on a bridge last night.   Well, they tried…. 🙂

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well my high and lowlights include stealing a train and running over my good horse by mistake (saddle got stuck under the train with bits of horse)

Went on a bit of.a rampage and totted up a huge bounty in one of the other towns/areas guess where we relocated to for chapter 3…..

mahalo

yeah that is the only negative for me at the moment, acting in self defence (honest!) but being grassed up and then set upon!

still to hogtie anyone to the rail tracks too, always too many witnesses and the cavalry turn up before the deed is done.

many enemies got cooked on the fire last night tho, but they dont scream enough when they’re burned alive 🙁

Premier Icon ebennett
    Subscriber

I had an entire town open fire on me last night after I accidentally trampled one of their pigs with my horse. Then after I escaped some hillbillies took a potshot at me, I gave chase to give them a stern talking to, and I fell into a pit they’d dug. After escaping that and shooting them in the balls, I set up camp following a nice relaxing hunt and 2 more hillbillies came and threatened me for camping in their territory. So they also got shot.

It’s almost like the game wants me to murder people!

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Can anybody recommend missions to do to build health etc? I am slowly getting into it but could do with being harder to kill (I have spent most of the last week hunting) So need to actually start playing it properly.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Get into fights, few good punch ups improves your health.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Incidentally,

Do you have to wait till later in the game for the gang donations to unlock?  I get to camp and it whines that the ammo etc boxes are empty but I can’t seem to interact with any of them bar the petty cash box.

rene59

Just started chapter 4 last night, I think there are 6 in total, progress is showing as 48% complete. I’d hate to know how many hours I’ve put into it so far.

Do you have to wait till later in the game for the gang donations to unlock?

I can’t even remember this being something I unlocked, I thought it was always just available once I moved camp the first time. Next to the cash box is a ledger, press one button to donate and the other to read the ledger. In the ledger you can buy upgrades for camp as well as refill supplies, but you need the money to do so.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Do you have to wait till later in the game for the gang donations to unlock?

Spend some cash to upgrade the camp.

Spoiler:

One of the most important aspects of the camp is upgrading its looks to get bonus content. Here’s how to unlock the Ledger and Camp Upgrades.

1. Beat the first 5 missions in Chapter 2 to unlock Money Lending and Other Sins.
    2. Complete the mission Money Lending and Other Sins a Leopold Strauss mission, who can be found in the camp.
    3. After completing this mission, you can find the Ledger next to the tithing box to put the camp’s money to good use.
    4. Consider buying the Leather Working Tools in the Ledger first (see below).

You can see what upgrades can be purchased for the various tents and wagons in the sections below

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

In the ledger you can buy upgrades for camp as well as refill supplies, but you need the money to do so.

Aaaaaaaah.  This is the piece of information I was missing, thank you.

And cheers @Drac, that’s really helpful.  I’ve literally just completed that mission.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

No problem. Your probably like me head off on a mission and get distracted.

pondo

If I play this on a VR headset, will I die?

pondo
    rene59

Glad to see the game whipping up a bit of controversy. Haha, love it!

Red Dead Redemption 2 players are filming themselves killing feminists in the game

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.