• This topic has 572 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 573 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Chapter 2 for me. Still shitting people. Gone a bit more tough guy

akira

Finding treasure and eating berries in chapter 2 currently.

mahalo

started chapter 4, had a mooch round Saint Denis getting into bother for antagonising the locals. bought some new threads, had a haircut, interrupted some grave diggers and murdered about 400 SDPD who tried to stop me.

feels like im progressing a bit quick. need to chill out and do some hunting/fishing.

incidentally, was walking the dog through the woods yesterday when i spotted a squirrel and inadvertently reached for my bow!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

feels like im progressing a bit quick. need to chill out and do some hunting/fishing

I have read more than once that the game really comes alive when you finish the story, but how true that is I don’t know. There’s 6 core chapters and 2 epilogue chapters, so I’ve got plenty to go before the bulletfest chaos of on-line starts in a few weeks, I’m really hoping, that’s to the pacing of the story that I’ll enjoy it more than GTA online.

mahalo

are there any purchases worth keeping hold of my dollar for later on? ive bought all the camp upgardes, loads of outfits, a pimp saddle –  just think whether it might be worth just paying my bounties now? esp in Saint D, where the lawmen are tenfold and come down on my ass like a hoard of locusts, even when i executed some rat who tried to rob me!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Bought it for my old man, as he has an Xbox One X and I thought he should play something other than just driving games. Caved in and played it myself all weekend.

Holy shit, it feels like being in your own movie and the attention to detail is just stunning. I’ve reached Chapter 2 and I’m finding that dual wielding Schofield Revolvers seems to be working for me? What’s everyone else running?

duckman

How do you know what chapter you are on? I have pottered about killing things, still haven’t done al the missions from Horseshoe overlook yet though.

Cougar

You start in Chapter 1, when it comes up saying “Chapter 2” in big letters you’re on Chapter 2.

P-Jay
    Free Member

dual wielding Schofield Revolvers seems to be working for me? What’s everyone else running?

Same, long barrels, extra rifling, Express ammo etc, I switch between them and the Double Action.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Revolver and sawn off for close up head removal

duckman

Thanks Cougar.

akira

It does get a bit immersive, wondered why I was a bit beardy when I shaved yesterday. Ah I shaved in game not in real life.

mahalo

dual swan offs, lancaster repeater and the semi auto shotgun are my go-to’s.

however, my favourite weapon by miles, if you can call it that, is the Lasso!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m way too trigger happy for dual sawn-offs, I’d end up with 4 holes in surrounding trees, rocks, birds, coaches, horses, fence posts, the lake, my friends – anything but what I was trying to hit, I need at least 6 changes to hit the thing I intended to hit. I should really turn on the auto-aim thing.

Drac

I was playing earlier follwing a main missions I selected to use cinematic in kicked some music which absorbed me into a full western movie style. It’s a pretty staggering game.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I find the dual sawn offs too ineffectual for all but clearing trains out, most fighting seems to be done at pistol range. If I try and close down the range and get up close and personal, I get killed. I only use normal shotguns either in towns where I can get jumped by randomers or when mounted for wolves and dealing with highwaymen who suddenly pull a gun on me at close range.

There’s something so satisfying about “Oh yeah dickhead, pull a pistol on me? BOOM”. There’s a physicality to the game that makes the guns very satisfying to use, even if the controls are pretty clunky.

Oh and the sound! The crack of rifle rounds in the distance or wood pigeons cooing first thing in the morning – I don’t think I’ve ever played a game that sounded like a movie or a nature documentary as well. It’s a shame they got the wildlife a bit wrong, with bambis bouncing at full speed  everywhere you **** look.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I find the dual sawn offs too ineffectual for all but clearing trains out, most fighting seems to be done at pistol range.

That was where one of each came in handy, lets you get in closer… There is some good close combat stuff later on if you can get your sneak on

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve barely played a video game in the past year and I’m well into chapter 6 and hate to think how many hours it has stolen. What a game. Graphically stunning, great story that I can’t stop playing to see how it ends. Only frustration is slightly clumsy controls, made on of the chapter 5 missions really difficult but can Easily be forgiven.

Initially I was disappointed I didn’t buy it with an Xbox one x to enjoy it at its best but tbh it’s so impressive even on just a normal PS4 I don’t think I’ve missed out at all

think I’m going to give gtaV another play once I’ve got bored of this

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Oh if anyone fancies some Western to go with their Western – watch Hell on Wheels – I think it’s a rather underrated show.

There’s some really good baddies in it 🙂

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed if you hunt and leave the animals corpse in situ, it actually rots over time if you come back a few days later – and if you injure a shop keeper, the next time you see them they will have bandages on! 😀

rene59
    Free Member

The citizens of Saint Denis really are a bunch of snowflakes. Just need to look at them the wrong way and off they go crying to the law.

I’m going to have to create a hogtied pile of them, then blow them up with dynamite.

That’ll give them something to cry about.

rene59
    Free Member

Leaving the animal corpse acts like bait as well, the local scavengers and predators will pay it a visit.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Human bodies seems to disappear though, do people come and carry them away?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and if you injure a shop keeper, the next time you see them they will have bandages on!

You mean I should stop before I kill them all?

mahalo

spent ages last night night searching for a bastard white horse in the far north west. took so long to get there i wasnt leaving easily. but in the end i had to sack it off. the only consolation was the legendary white bison pelt i bagged – but then i was eaten by wolves and lost it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

on to chapter 3 now.  Just so brilliant how you go off on tangents.. fantastic stuff. Love how people you help or things you do come back to you a few days later, you’d forgotten you had done something and then it turns up again. fantasticoooooo

P-Jay
    Free Member

Immersive?

After a particularly unpleasant run-in with the O’Driscols (I’ll say no more, it’s part of the story) I rode into St. Denis, bought myself a nice new suit, took a trip to the barber and took a nice long deluxe bath.

Drac

After a particularly unpleasant run-in with the O’Driscols

Another great mission.

williamnot
    Free Member

pretty sure once you’ve killed a legendary animal even if you lose the pelt its still available at the trapper.

mahalo

The citizens of Saint Denis really are a bunch of snowflakes. Just need to look at them the wrong way and off they go crying to the law.

They really are. its doin my frickin head in now. im getting slaughtered for even antagonising folk as i walk past!

Really considering just paying my bounties off, must have been murdered 10 times last night, that would have cost me $1500, my bounty stands at about $2k in total. no fun walking round on egg shells!

Also. the gunsmith in St Denis has an illegal poker game going on upstairs, i robbed it naturally – but how do you open the safe?

rene59
    Free Member

Dynamite!

Don’t throw it at the safe, stand close to it and you can stick it to it instead. Then stand back!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

did way too much fishing last night. Is this healthy?

junglistjut
    Free Member

Biggest disappointment of this generation, utterly depressing :/

mahalo

Biggest disappointment of this generation, utterly depressing :/

Bless.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

LOL I just went to the theatre, and stayed a bit!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Stoopid controls, just when you think you’ve got used to them, you blow the head of a debtor clean off in front of his son and set their house on fire for good measure.

Still, got paid.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah I just defaulted to a sawn off shotgun for the shoot the bottle of the heads of the brothers comp

I needed to restart

Superficial
    Free Member

So, as someone that loves the GTA franchise, but prefers cars and speed to horses and olde nostalgia, is RDR2 worth buying a console for?

Cougar

Absolutely definitely but, as much as it pains me to say it, possibly not in your case.  It’s awesome but much more leisurely paced than GTA.  It’s like taking part in a film rather than crashing from set-piece to set-piece at breakneck speed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah there have been a couple of missions now I’ve got a fair way in that are basically roll on up the other end of the map, wander a bit and keep repeating that, I’ve just stuck it on cinematic and watched the scenery go past

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ is closed to new replies.