Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • red bull in the pentlands
  • himupstairs

Aye, I’m familiar with the event, just wondered if anyone knew any specifics of the route, or the ‘purpose built’ sections of it.

Or indeed if anyone on here might be participating.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigjim

I know a few who are doing it but being male, I’m not.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Hope manon turns up …..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hear its from Allermuir or somewhere near, down to the golf club.

sazter

I had entered, am now broken so can’t take part. 🙁

iolo
    Free Member

How sexist is that?
    Maybe Redbull will have men in G strings at various points along the routes.

sazter

iolo, only as sexist as the men only version they ran for the last two years in NI, with Gee.

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe Redbull will have men in G strings at various points along the routes.

I sense an opportunity here…. 8)

legend
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

I hear its from Allermuir or somewhere near, down to the golf club.

So you heard exactly what’s written on the website?

Really need to make sure the missus enters this

scotroutes

From previous experience, it will all happen on the Swanston Estate as they are by far the most MTB-friendly/desperate for cash of the landowners and you can rule out any of the MOD land. I guess the council might let some of Hillend Park be used as they own that. I do (somewhere) have a map of the estate boundaries. I’ll see if I can find it…

nikk
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the story is regarding spectating at this? Is there parking? A course map? I can’t find any info on it.

scotroutes

Unless they have a Section 11 exemption, normal land access rules will apply so there’s nothing to stop you standing by the course anywhere you want. Given it’s Allermuir down the hill to Swanston it shouldn’t be too hard to spot the track.

nikk
    Free Member

Thanks! It’s funny it isn’t more organized than that!

And race times as well… there is basically no info 🙁

scotroutes

They have a Facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/events/450312705113527

overbikedagain
    Free Member

I’m marshalling but don’t know much except I’ll be on a hill watching girls pedal……

fergal
    Free Member

Why is the start time for the main event so hush hush, my boy would like to spectate, don’t really want to hang around all day.

nikk
    Free Member

fergal – Member

Why is the start time for the main event so hush hush, my boy would like to spectate, don’t really want to hang around all day.

Yeh, I don’t understand it either. It’s kinda weird.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

I think it’s something to do with the planning….they’re was a few spectators about today. The main race is going to be kicking off at 1pm that’s said it’ll proably only last around 15mins….practice in the morning

iamroughrider
    Free Member

props to everyone taking part 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘red bull in the pentlands’ is closed to new replies.