• This topic has 43 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gogg.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Rectal endoscopic examination: Will I Die?
  • totalshell

the telly watching is actually interesting.. the dried toast and mug of tea should give a miss..

grtdkad

I went through this last October. Took the laxative – it did the business. I recall walking away from the bathroom thinking job done, but I never got more than 6ft away from the bathroom door for the rest of the night. Bloody hell …

… I more or less turned myself inside out. Like the shi##ing Olympics!

As far as the examination was concerned the consultant was very good, I recall him plugging the sedative in to my cannula and saying “I’m just going to give you all of this” and I was out like a light. Like rohypnol.
    He woke me up to watch the monitor/screen for a bit and then done.

Tea and biscuits and a quick chat afterwards.

downshep

Leave your dignity at the door for collection later and embrace the process. It is actually quite fascinating watching the camera as it zooms between your own arse cheeks and enters the scrubland of crack canyon. Kind of car crash telly you feel compelled to watch. Once inside though, the journey is genuinely educational.

Worst but of discomfort stems from the air they pump in to keep your guts inflated. Plus side is one endless fart if you can equalise the flow of your exit gas with that being pumped in. It gives you something to do while they poke about and certainly eases the bloated feeling.

Be wary of farting after the process. You may have seen your empty colon live on telly shortly before and feel confident there is only air in there. Alas I sharted heavily on walking out of the hospital due to some residual liquid going south after I stood up. Best to be on the pan for the first few post procedure test farts.

gogg
    Free Member

I hear it’s a pain the a**e.

Good luck!

😉

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Rectal endoscopic examination: Will I Die?’ is closed to new replies.