• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by muzz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recreational cannabis legalised in California
  • MSP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42532776

The states seem to be leading Europe in this now. I hope we get similar legalisation here soon too. Controlled strength and quality in edibles and sprays, I would much prefer it to alcohol.

wiggles
    Free Member

Seems crazy they can get this right was getting so much else very very wrong

giantalkali
    Free Member

Free ganja with every gun traded in?

Gunja, if you will.

zippykona

Obviously they have been following the Lib Dems manifesto.

MSP

Seems crazy they can get this right was getting so much else very very wrong

There are 6 states that have legalised it now California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington are obvious progressive states. Nevada is Vegas and that speaks for itself. Alaska kind of surprise me I always thought they were more conservative.

It is kind of different at a national level where the inland conservative states hold back the progressive coastals with their votes counting 4-1 in the electoral college system.

Also seems to be a bit of an east and west coast split at the moment.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Also seems to be a bit of an east and west coast spliff at the moment.

My fave snoop Dogg album

slackalice
    Free Member

The eastern side of the US does seem to share the Northern Europe ‘protestant’ work ethic, whereas the western areas tend more to the life side of the work/life spectrum. So no surprises that it’s the western states who have been more progressive and pragmatic with their approach to recreational use.

Certainly, in years’ past, California was one of the biggest consumers of BC Bud, aka red beard, with the Hells Angels being the primary provider to meet the demand.

soobalias
    Free Member

so from the bbc link, opponents are now left clinging to “increased drug driving” and “wont you think of the children”

in my opinion, there are more significant factors in impaired driving than cannabis consumption
    the kids, (the ones who now struggle to buy heroin as the market is awash with fentanyl,) will continue to alter their mind states like humans have done for ever.

a good move, it will take a while for the market to legalize itself

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aye even just5minutes link does not offer much support for this agenda-

How many folk who die in crashes have had a drink of alcohol in the last few weeks?

Colorado transportation and public safety officials, however, say the rising number of pot-related traffic fatalities cannot be definitively linked to legalized marijuana.

Positive test results reflected in the NHTSA data do not indicate whether a driver was high at the time of the crash since traces of marijuana use from weeks earlier also can appear as a positive result.

jekkyl

Happening in the UK in how many years? Would you guess.

slackalice
    Free Member

As long as the Daily Fail and Express are publishing… not likely 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

whilst tories – who say they object to state interference in private lives- remain in charge never.If only they realised how much money they could make taxing it
    Prohibition just does not work

slackalice
    Free Member

Agree with all of that JY.

I do wonder why it is that the potential tax revenue generated from legalisation isn’t part of any considerations by our governors. I’d propose that all revenues are directed towards the NHS and social welfare organisations without passing go.

I’m sure they’d go some way to help the **** mess we have at the moment.

muzz
    Free Member

It’s a no-brainer that Alaska legalised Lou Reed.

300 odd days stuck mostly indoors, got to have something to occupy your mind, plus, when you do come out you have that stunning landscape, coastline and sky to look at whilst bongoed. Plus your nearest neighbour is 30 miles away so you can grow it without causing anyone harm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recreational cannabis legalised in California’ is closed to new replies.