• This topic has 48 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Recovery drinks (that taste good)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

That contains 83g of carbs, of which 47.5g are sugars. 27.5g of protein.

Yeah, really does depend on what you want from your recover drink. If you’re competing in some multi stage event for example, then that might be fine. If it’s part of a low sugar low carb winter plan then you’d choose something different.

That is quite a lot though for Torq. Looking at SIS Rego, only 20g of carbs per 50g serving, and only 5g of that is sugar. So for same serving as Torq you’d get 12.5g of sugar instead of 47.5g. Quite a different idea of “recovery”. I’d say SIS looks better suited to day to day training, and Rego better suited to in competition recovery. Especially as most people’s diets likely contain way too much sugar as it is.

Think the best bet is just to buy the bulk powders and tailor it to your needs. But it is a bit of a faff. Though if you are taking recovery products then you’re probably serious enough about your diet and training for it to have given it some thought.

holmes81
    Free Member

Erdinger Alcoholfrei or however it’s spelt.

Says it’s isotonic on the bottle.

Or if I haven’t got any of those mars milk shake or tea and biscuits.

jimjam
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Re that chart up there… 50g of sugar in a For Goodness Shakes. Not a great choice, unless you want a lot of sugar.

No wonder it’s so bloody delicious. I’ve had a quick look online and I can’t seem to find exactly how much sugar is in just straightup cows milk, opinions and definitions seem to vary. One site suggested that 40% of the calories in milk is from lactose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fisha
    Free Member

Fridge method +1.

It’s for winners !

mrblobby
    Free Member

how much sugar is in just straightup cows milk,

About 5g per 100ml in semi skimmed. All lactose.

For reference here, I think the recommended daily amount of sugar in a male daily diet is around 90g. One For Gooness Shakes is over half your daily allowance. Only a bit less than 2 cans of red bull 😯

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ambrosia Rice Pudding – maybe ?

fifeandy
    Free Member

You actually want a recovery drink full of sugar in most cases. The idea is to re-fill the glycogen stores as much as possible within 2hrs whilst the window is open for improved uptake = need a fast digesting carb.
    Same goes for the protein, which is why they all use whey as its absorbed quickly.

The protein/carb ratios are certainly interesting between brands: SiS 1:1, High5 2:1, Torq 3:1 iirc.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Long Island Iced Tea. Best recovery drink going.

pondo

Alpro chocolate soya milk for the win – the nicest, chocolatiest milkshake out there, and it’s soya, so probably healthy or something.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Recovery drinks (that taste good)’ is closed to new replies.