Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recovering lost chrome history?
  • jools182
    Free Member

We had a server change at the weekend

Browsing history on chrome was deleted and I lost a few important websites

My history from my old profile seems to still be there under

C:users-myname-appdata-local-google-chrome-userdata-default

I’m just not sure what I do with the file to get it into chrome

any ideas?

frogstomp

Were you logged in to a Google account on Chrome? If so, you may be able to find what you need on Google My Activity.

jools182
    Free Member

Yes, there is some there, I was just wondering if I can somehow use the history file stored on my pc, it was from last week so should have all my tabs on it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

How on earth has a server change affected your local browser?

(And why the frank aren’t you using bookmarks, that’s what they’re for?)

Anyway. That’s the default location, it should just load up from there unless you’ve got a new user profile or something. How big’s the file?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You mean the actual history or more?
    Apart from that some tips going forward, logging on to a google account, storing anything important as bookmarks etc.

Cougar

Yes, there is some there, I was just wondering if I can somehow use the history file stored on my pc, it was from last week so should have all my tabs on it

Were you previously logged in, and now you aren’t? That’d probably do it.

Cougar

it was from last week so should have all my tabs on it

Tabs?

By “History” do you actually mean “Bookmarks”?

jools182
    Free Member

They weren’t bookmarked, I know that I should have

We have had to have new passwords to log on to the system

I am not sure of what work was carried out but for example, my autocad settings have returned to default

There is a history file on my user pprofile from last week, I just don’t know what to do with it to get it to show on chrome
    I usually go to history and use restore previous tabs

DezB
    Free Member

C:users-myname-appdata-local-google-chrome-userdata-default

If it’s in there, it’ll show up in Chrome. Maybe that file is the new version and you’ve had your profile refreshed? If so, your only hope is that it’s saved in your Chrome account (online, I mean).

joshvegas
    Free Member

am not sure of what work was carried out but for example, my autocad settings have returned to default

But you have your profile and cuix files saved somewhere right so it all just rebuilds?

Cougar

Sounds like a new profile.

You might find that you have a small history file in C:users-mynewname-appdata-local-google-chrome-userdata-default and a larger one in C:users-myoldname-appdata-local-google-chrome-userdata-default. Copy the latter over the former. (I’d be tempted to rename the new “default” folder and move the entire old folder over rather than faff about with individual files).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recovering lost chrome history?’ is closed to new replies.