Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recording power meter data on a smart phone?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So normally my power meter transmits power data to my Garmin which gives me a .fit file I can then upload to Training Peaks, Golden Cheetah etc etc.

Are there any apps that would allow my smart phone to do this, obviously assuming my power meter transmits via blue tooth?

Ideally I don’t want to have to pay a subscription for something like TrainerRoad(?), and once I’ve recorded the data, I want to be able to upload/transfer it to multiple places – Training Peaks, Strava, GC etc.

Is there anything that would allow me to do this or is my Garmin still the best thing?

mos

I don’t think phones have ant+ connectivity without a dongle.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

wahoo fitness app?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cnud
    Free Member

Think that the Wahoo Fitness app or one of its derivatives does what you want

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I don’t think phones have ant+ connectivity without a dongle.

My last two phones had Ant+ support, so does my tablet.

https://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/60/~/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A lot of android phones do have an ant+ receiver, but very few (if any of the common ones) apps use it.

I think strava will do what you’re asking over bluetooth, probably need Strava premium though (which is probably worth it TBH).

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Stages do Bluetooth as do some pedals?

I’ll have a look at Wahoo fitness, ta.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

So it seems IPBike Ant+ might do what I need. Just randomly came across it as a suggestion on another website.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recording power meter data on a smart phone?’ is closed to new replies.