• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by BFITH.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommended us a Pembrokeshire campsite
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Preferably a smaller one, with decent amenities. Close to coast or on it. Couple, no kids, like walking. PH close by😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

anyone?

nickjb
    Free Member

The coast is quite rocky there so I suspect campsites by the beach are a bit limited. Maybe Whitesands or Newgale. Not stayed on either but stayed in the area. Very nice. Does it have to be Pembrokeshire? Nicholaston Farm on The Gower is in the ballpark. You can walk to the lovely sandy beach from the edge of the campsite via several tracks through the trees and dunes. Very good for kids.

elliptic
    Free Member

Porthclais is a pretty decent one in North Pembroke. Friendly farm site on the cliffs with the coast path just over the hedge,15 mins walk back into St Davids for pubs and shops etc.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Windmill Farm, Dale.

spinout
    Free Member

Carfai bay nr St Davids

Creampots/Broadway nr Broad Haven

Sandy Haven

ElShalimo

Do not go to Pencarnan Farm near St Davids. It’s 2miles form the pub !!
    We went in June and it was expensive and the toilets were not cleaned from Thurs-Sun. The boiler broke down too and the staff just didn’t care. The attitude was “the back-up boiler is a bit unreliable too but don’t worry we’ll fix one of them in a couple of days”. So peak season, busy campsite and not hot water for a campsite located by a beach.

Carfai Bay is supposed to be a lovely site.

Alpha1653

There’s a basic one behind Newgale beach but in my mind it’s great: bang next door to a pub, behind an awesome beach, and next to a coasteering/kite surfing place run by a top bloke called Oli. From memory it’s got a toilet/shower block too. I used to live just up the road in a village called Roch and it’s always busy I’d not rely on just turning up and crossing your fingers.

mildbore

+1 for Newgale, basic  but (almost) on the beach with great clifftop walks and all you need in the village

muttley109
    Free Member

we go to these two at least once a year

http://trevaynefarm.co.uk/  – Access to coastal path direct from the site, direct access to monkstone beach which is almost like the sites own private beach, close to Saundersfoot/Tenby for evening meals/pubs. Quiet, clean, plenty of hot water and a decent on-site shop.

http://www.lleithyrfarm.co.uk/ – Just got back from here this week, short walk to Whitesands Beach, access to coastal paths, short walk into town for food, pubs, shops etc. The site is quiet and again has good facilities and shop.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

We went to Lleithyr Farm earlier in the year and would recommend that.

teenrat

+1 carfai bay. On the cliff above a lovely little beach, amazing views to wake upto, 10 minutes walk to shops and pubs in st David’s, straight onto the coastal path for st nons, porthclais and around the headland fronting Ramsey island.

Newgale is a great beach but I wouldn’t camp there as you can’t see the sea from the site, the site is right on the main road and the Duke pub is average at best.

oldtennisshoes

There are 2 at Caerfai. Caerfai Farm is just above Caerfai Bay, only open from June to September and takes campers and tents.

Caerfai Bay is on the right at the bottom. There are statics on the site with a tent field out in the corner – they also take touring caravans.

Neither are outstanding in terms of facilities, but the location is good – 15 minute walk into St Davids.

St Davids has jumped the shark though IMHO. Although The Farmers Arms is still reasonable.

TheDTs
    Free Member

We went to Lleithyr Farm earlier in the year and would recommend that.

Sat in the Motor and caravan club one next door to this now. Very nice. Also one at the other end of Whitesands which looked nice.

if you are proper basic there is a field with very basic loo block (no shower) at the top of the hill from Whitesands which is only £8 a night. Or a hilly site at a the bittom of the hill practically on the beach, none of the tents there look too flat though!

bonni

Highly recommend Trellyn camping, in between St David’s and Fishguard. It is, first and foremost, a (for want of another phrase) glamping site, with two or three yurts, domes etc.. but also a number of good sized pitches. I would estimate a maximum of 14 pitches in total (so not cheap). Fire pits are provided and actually encouraged with free wood. It’s set in a coastal woodland and well spaced out. So although a fair few families stay, I hardly feel you’d be any the worse for it. It’s about 3 mins stroll from the sea. There is a pub 15 mins walk away and some decent restaurants 10 mins drive south (Port Eynon). Also, there’s a sauna. Happy days.

rockhopper70

Bookmarked

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you can deal with cold water showers and a strange 10.30pm curfew..  i know an ace one

BFITH
    Free Member

Another vote for Porthclais here. Stayed there a few times over the last few years. Cliff top site with cracking views over the sea, short walk to little harbour for crabbing/jumping in, St Davids easily walkable.

CAVEAT! When its windy, you better have pegged out ALL your guys……

http://porthclais-farm-campsite.co.uk/

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommended us a Pembrokeshire campsite’ is closed to new replies.