recommended pubs in/nr Tredegar, Wales

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommended pubs in/nr Tredegar, Wales
  • We’re off to an airbnb for a weekend in a couple of weeks for my brother’s very low key stag

Looking at somewhere to eat and found a few places

Mountain air, the windsor arms and the prince of wales inn.

anyone recommend these or others?

samperry25

Work with a guy from Tredegar and he uses the Wetherspoons and the Windsor. But it’s a bit of a random place for a stag do…

tell me about it. It’s not your typical stag do. Only 7 of us and my brother basically doesn’t want it to be like a stag do

rascal

Stayed there last year during a BPW trip. Nearly as awful as Merthyr. Comes to something when Spoons is the best pub in town 😳

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

What shall we do for the stag do? Hmm, Prague? Barcelona? Dublin? No, lets do Tredegar!

And Wetherspoons! Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Premier Icon kenttaff13
    Subscriber

Are you staying in Tredegar itself. If so, there’s The Castle, Cam, Red Lion and Weatherspoons all around the Circle. Only one I go to when I’m there is the Weatherspoons, but friends of mine frequent the others. The Railway is not too far from the town centre either. Glad to here its not as bad as Merthyr!

Premier Icon kenttaff13
    Subscriber

Are you staying in Tredegar itself. If so, there’s The Castle, Cam, Red Lion and Weatherspoons all around the Circle. Only one I go to when I’m there is the Weatherspoons, but friends of mine frequent the others. The Railway is not too far from the town centre either. Glad to hear its not as bad as Merthyr!

So, why Tredegar?

tonyp70

Stayed there last weekend for a BPW trip and wouldn’t be the first place that sprung to mind for a stag do!

Anyway it’s full of mainly takeaways apart from Wetherspoons and a lovely little Portuguese restaurant up the road – the Steak sandwich ‘special’ looked to die for…….

So, Weatherspoons – foods the usual stuff and at £1.65 a pint what more could you want on a stag do 🤔

taxi25

So, why Tredegar?

+1 I won’t be able to rest untill you tell us 🤔🤔

Any pub will do, as long as you like bare knuckle fighting and flat lager.

smiffy

Half of Tredegar seems to drink in The Jolly Colliers, Waunllapria these days.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.