• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sue_W.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommended household insurance for bikes?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Any advice on which are currently the best household insurance companies which include more than one bike? What value limits to do they have per bike? Plus need to include “away from home” option.

They change so much I can’t remember which ones offer the best value (without a massive premium)!

Ta very much 🙂

Kryton57

Just renewed with the AA. 3 bed Victorian semi in London plus three named bikes stored locked together in a locked workshop covered individually, and cover away from home as long as they are secured by a lock – Thule racks are fine but backseat of the car wouldn’t be – £500pa for the house & bikes. Also includes £1000 “shed” cover for items additional to the bikes that could be nicked.

The only term is that I must prove evidence that locked were breach and the bikes were actually locked in some where in case of theft.

mudshark
    Free Member

Barclays were by far the cheapest for me – and brilliant when I had to make a claim.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fubar
    Free Member

Aviva are worth a look (my cover is £2500 per bike)

Pembo
    Free Member

saga 🙁

andybanks
    Free Member

Are More Than and M&S still good?

Renewing this month so was about to ask the same question.

Thanks

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks folks, will check them out.

Any other suggestions? What about for individual bike values up to £4k?

andybanks
    Free Member

Edit – Double post

TrevorB

Try the NFU.

DezB
    Free Member

Use confused.com would be my recommendation. You can easily find the ones which let you specify bikes

Monster101

Just watch, Aviva restrict sheds as unsecured outbuildings and restrict the claim to £2,500 regardless of named bikes. I found out to my cost.

EvilE
    Free Member

John Lewis were fantastic with my claim, 2 bikes were stolen from a locked but detached garage, they assessed the value fairly and did new for old, could not have been easier! They were also competitive on the quote too, stayed with them ever since.

Sue_W
    Free Member

The AA came up trumps in the end (and at a very reasonable £140 for the year!)

Thanks all 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommended household insurance for bikes?’ is closed to new replies.