Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommendations please: Womens flat pedal shoes
  • scruffywelder
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been done to death before but my Googlefoo is not strong tonight.

After a rather evangelical discussion with Rik at Drumlanrig my partner has decided to give flats a go.

She has quite wide feet and has had difficulty finding shoes that fit comfortably around the toes.

What would be worth checking out for her?

I know Five Ten is the obvious starting point but what others are out there?

joemmo
    Free Member

Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL are very roomy around the toes and are great flat shoes IME. Worth a look

Yak

Mrs Yak has been through a few – 661s, Tevas, 5:10s. The 5:10s (newest least bulky ones whatever they are called) are the best of the bunch apparently. The old 661s were very comfy though but weren’t that durable. The Tevas caused cramp on long rides.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahsat

Related, but maybe off topic…ask your partner to check out MTBchix&trails on Facebook .There’s is nearly 3000 women on there, at a really wide range of abilities and interests and she will get good answers to any riding/kit questions.

I’m a size 8 and ride clipped in so can’t help on the specific question.

kilo

Mrs Kilo used shimano shoes until she moved to clip ins, looks like they were am41s

kayla1
    Free Member

I like basic canvas Vans for riding in but they’re pretty thin so might not be ideal if your other half is used to stiff shoes. Vans Half Cabs are pretty nice and a chunk stiffer, my other half loves them.

cinnamon_girl

Has she tried men’s Five Tens?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please: Womens flat pedal shoes’ is closed to new replies.