Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommendations for wireless earbuds while on trainer
  • crispedwheel
    Free Member

As per thread title – I’m getting bogged down in various ‘top-10’ articles and online reviews, so would appreciate some advice please.
    I’m looking for some decent wireless earbuds, preferably under £50. Currently using some Jabra wired ones, which I find don’t stay in very well, and the wire’s pretty annoying.
    I’ll only be using them to listen to podcasts/music while on the trainer, so maybe ones that are at least a bit resistant to sweat would be good!
    Thanks in advance

onehundredthidiot

I got Google buds they are pretty good for turbo and running (got them free so no cost implications)
    Got some Anker noise cancelling ones. Really good a cancelling the noise but fall out my lugs, so have to wear a buff.

Northwind

So, because it’s stw I’ll start off by recommending something different- why not over-ears, for turbo use? Better noise isolation, generally stay on better.

Having said that, ime earbuds are much of a muchness now unless you’re buying really quality ones, I suspect there’s a lot of brand engineering, and a lot of functionally similar products with slightly different shapes and cases. I like both my sets of MPOWs.

joebristol

I use Anker Liberty 2 Pro’s after a PSA on here a while back. They’re the best sounding headphones I’ve ever had and they stay in on the trainer / when sweaty / when running / when cycling outside.

I like the charging case – I don’t have to charge the case very often at all – it holds enough to charge the buds over and over again.

Can’t recommend them enough – looks like they’re on offer at Amazon for 49.99 again at the moment.

DrP

I used to use over the ear, but i got too hot!!!

I use jabra elite 75..
    but..they are more than fifty quid…

Those liberty pro look great.. get them..

DrP

ta11pau1

So, because it’s stw I’ll start off by recommending something different- why not over-ears, for turbo use? Better noise isolation, generally stay on better.

For me if I used over ear headphones they’d be ruined within a few weeks as I sweat so much.

I use Sony linkbuds, the strange ones with a hole in the middle. Bit more than 50 quid though.

5lab

some jabra ones have a slightly tacky coating specifically so they don’t fall out when you get all sweaty. Dunno if any in your price range do though

andeh
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the Jabra Elite 75t Active ones, which have the aforementioned tacky coating. They stay put running and cycling with no problems. They’re usually a lot more than 50quid, but I got mine from Amazon Warehouse Deals site, so they were like 70, but shipped in torn packaging. Noise isolation is great and they’re comfy for hours and hours.

Warehouse deals are usually pretty good value, just make sure you read the description of the individual items to make sure they’re not missing anything, like the rubber bud bits etc.

richardkennerley

Anyone noticed which are the loudest?

I’ve got some Samsung wired in-ear buds and some middle of Lidl wireless fake airpods, the Lidl ones are noticeably louder than the wired ones. They’re also louder used with my old tablet compared to my phone.

But I’d like louder still really, I’m probably gradually destroying my hearing, like a heroin addict chasing the first high.

nixie

Trekz bone conducting. Find them more comfortable when sweating hard on the trainer. Obviously not so good at blocking fan noise. In ear kept falling out and anything cabled is a pain.

damascus
    Free Member

Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth Headphones 5.3, 30H Playtime, Built-in Mics with Deep Bass, USB-C Fast Charge, IPX7 Waterproof Wireless Earphones Touch Control https://amzn.eu/d/ghjGZhy

£22 plus 10% off. 30h battery case. Last well over 6 hours per charge listening to music.

So far so good, used while sweating too much and still working.

Scan the barcode when they arrive to register for a 2 year warranty (no idea if it will be honoured)

I think they are so good, I bought a 2nd pair but they were £15 a few months ago.

DickBarton

I have the Jabra 75 things and they do good sound, good volume, decent noise cancelling but they don’t seem to stay in my ears. I need to try the other ear bits to see if I’ve got the wrong size fitted.

joebristol

But I’d like louder still really, I’m probably gradually destroying my hearing, like a heroin addict chasing the first high.

Posted 3 hours ago

It’s hard to say what’s louder without hearing how loud yours are. The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 pros are pretty damn loud though.

They also don’t seem to rely on sticky rubber to hold them in – they twist in and only come out when you twist them back the other way.

They also come with millions of different sized rubber pieces to get the right fit. I just used the standard ones and they’ve been perfect so far.

My wife has Apple airbus’s and the ankers sound far better. They are chunky though if that bothers you.

joebristol

Just got the Ankers in now – they go painfully loud with a quick check. No way I could wear them on full volume.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Thanks for all the recommendations – I’ll check those out!

BigChris

Not earbuds and more than £50, but I use Aeropex Aftershokz both on the trainer and on real rides. They are over ear conductive earphones. The sound is pretty good and plenty loud for me, and if you want to block the noise out you can pop in the supplied earplugs.
    I think the mag has done a review.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.