Recommendations for mountain biking and beach holidays please

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommendations for mountain biking and beach holidays please

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommendations for mountain biking and beach holidays please
  • Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Sierra Nevada, Spain.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber
    Amos

Cheers Drac, Sierre Nevada? Bit of a trek to the beach there Steve

Amos

A couple of friends my wife and my 2 year old are trying to sort a holiday where 2 of us can ride some great trails and the non riders can laze on the beach with my nipper and enjoy good food (the girls are foodies). I've had a look and the only place I can find that ticks all boxes is Finale Ligure Italy. So has any one got any other suggestions or recommendations or has any one been to Finale? If so what was it like? All help received gratefully!
    Thanks Mat

bikey

Try this company. First rate biking/beach holidays and still the cheapest out there after 16yrs in business.

http://www.sierracycling.com/

Matt

Archiedale

Lagos, portugal.great food and beaches- lots to do.Best of all MTB adventures, ask for Jim.

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Amos – not really, plenty of bike companies based near Malaga, virtually on the beach.

hicksville

We looked at Finale but ended up going to cantabria, great beaches and Picos 45 mins away

link here
    http://www.cantabriaenbici.es/index-en.html#Introduccion

Mackem

I live in the Basque country, the beaches are far nicer than anything darn south, the food is regarded as the best in Spain, there's lots of nice mountains too. Lad who posts on here Doug, has a guiding/holiday company called Basquemtb, based in Hondarribia on the Spain/France border, its a lovely town with mountains and beach on your doorstep. San Sebastian isnt far away if you want a bit of culture and more beaches.

Home

marco

You could try Costa Adeje in Tenerife.
    Great beaches, lovely food and some great trails too! Highest mountain in Spain at 2500m, Mt Tiede.
    Also a great mtb company http://www.lavatrax.net

Neilson. Top holiday for mixed groups like that

hicksville

Hondarribia is a avery nice place, been and the paths in the area look good for mtb, we walking rather than riding taht year.

Hi guys. Thanks for the link Mark! This is a lovely part of the world if you like to ride and / or hit the beach. You can do this in the morning:

and this in the afternoon:

Not wanting to plug the area too much but today I did a route that went from just below the peak here right the way down the ridge to the right and ended up about sea level. With a couple of climbs we did almost 2000m's of descending.

I hope that's not too much of a advert. A friends guides for Sierra Cycling and I'm sure they're fantastic too.

nasher

Amos

If you want info on finale, give us a shout, we work with many of the guides and hotels in finale.

for 2010 we will also be operating there.

there are also hotels there that are specailly catered for children and babies also so the aprents can have some free time together.

Ciao fornow

http://www.rivierabike.co.uk

Premier Icon RRD
    Subscriber

Cyprus?

I was out there and it has 1800m (ish) Troodos Mountains which are 1 hr away from beach. Fantastic singletrack. You can pick some lovely quieter areas to stay in too (as opposed to the clubbing crowd, although that might be your thing?). I'm afraid I cannot remember the names of the guiding companies but another option worth looking at.

Mat,
    We are the only biking company based on the coast in Southern Spain, safe enclosed garden, pool and on the beach.
    Great singletrack rides during the day & lively night life with excellent restaurants on the coast at night.
    Lots of checkable recommendations from families on our guestbook http://www.sierracycling.com.

zangolin

Barmouth in Wales – CYB et al 20 mins down the road, fish + chips etc + great crab fishing!

5thElefant

Canaries or the South East coast of Portugal.

Amos

Well thanks everyone for some really useful feed back, I'll put it to the rest of the group and be in touch with some of you guys soon I'm sure!

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

I did the Costas hol package deal(Globespan)with the SO and then had 2 days biking with Alan @ sierra cycling. Easy enough to get to Fuengerola(sp)by train, runs from the airport all the way along the Costas so you can stay anywhere. Big hotel across the road from Alan looks good and he reckomended it if I go again, forget the name tho.
    Recommended.

Premier Icon BigEaredBiker
    Subscriber

Lake Garda is also worth a look.

devs

Isola2000 in France. Gran Canaria. Tenerife. Benalmedina/Malaga.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for mountain biking and beach holidays please’ is closed to new replies.