Recommendations for knee pads

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommendations for knee pads

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommendations for knee pads
  • Euro

Perfect. Except no one seems to have them any more. Are they discontinued or go under a different name now? Is the 661 evo the same type of thing?

Euro

They looks like the boyos! Cheers Neil, sorry about the stealth edit 😀

_tom_

+1 for 661, I had some kyle straits for years and they were spot on, only reason I replaced em is because I lost weight and they kept slipping down! I have some nukeproof ones now and theyre not as comfy, one of em has a bit that always digs in.

Troy Lee 5400 great.

seavers

Got me some of them Nukeproof ones. Cant fault them, contrary to the above post I have found them pads I can wear all day. The sizing is spot on too.

Have also got some Brand X knee and shin. The are also pretty good, for the price. Shin protection too. I found the straps to be too long so criss-cross the straps and that has made them much better. I wouldn’t want to wear them all day or on an uber hot day in the Alps but they did me just fine.

I’ve got Nukeproof knee and elbow pads. Got used to wearing them all the time now, may as well as they’re so comfy and even when pedalling the sort of heat the knee joint up and make it feel lubricated from within. I don’t suffer knee issues at all, but having the pads on for some reason makes them feel much better both during and after the ride, so I just wear them every ride.

Euro

My old dianese knee/shin combo are no more. Quite glad really as they were hot and uncomfortable and although the shin part did it’s job, the knee bit always moved on impact. I’m thinking knee only this time but a quick look on your favourite online retail site shows a lot of choice. Any suggestions for replacements? Budget up to £60 or so. Cheers

_tom_

contrary to the above post I have found them pads I can wear all day

I think one of mine must just be dodgy, that little pad bit (the little half crescent shaped one under the main knee pad) on one of them points inwards a bit and digs in. The other one is fine and really comfy, don’t really notice it apart from sweaty knees which you’d get with any pad.. The size guide was accurate as well.

longmover

I use IXS slopestyle pads, they are really comfy and come down a couple of inches lower than a normal knee pad.

I have some Endura MT500 which are 1 ride old I am wanting to sell. I don’t ride gnarr enough to justify them.

jedi

Scott Rocket pads

mikey74

Kali Aazis

Euro

I know choice is good, but a clueless monkey like me gets all confused at the sheer variety on offer. I’ve googled all your suggestions and like the look of the Scott and the 661 evos. Time to flip a coin 😀

Cheers chaps.

My kyle straits finally split at the side mesh and they were rubbing a bit too. Just got some 661 evo so ill let you know after their first outing.

Btw, If you are doing a long climb, just pull them down to your shins, and back up when you reach the top

bland

We had a knee pad off last summer and the results were

Nuke proof, just too big and bulky
    661 ks’s slide down all the time
    O’neal dirt pads, simply great, stay put all day and comfy!

+1 for the kyle straitts, kali protective are similar in style and fit.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for knee pads’ is closed to new replies.