Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommendations for guide-only contacts in Chatel/PDS?
  • johnny

I and a couple of mates are off to Chatel for a week, in a fortnights time, and I thought i’d mine the STW knowledge for guides.

We’re going to be camping and using the Bikefax book for most of our riding, with the emphasis being on big day rides, not just hanging at the bike parks. Does anyone have any good contacts for guides, who we can pay on a day basis?

Alternately, does anyone have GPS tracks of good rides, which might be a bit more “local knowledge”. we’re looking for good lift accessed riding, don’t mind climbing/ bit of hike-a-bike if needed, but the emphasis would be on “net downhill”…

danti

Lloyd from http://www.professionaltransfers.com is a top bloke who should be able to sort you out with someone if he can’t guide you himself.

johnny

brilliant, thanks! i’ll have a look.

Trekster

Trev @ http://summitdown.com/ might be able to advise

jambalaya
    Free Member

We used Lionel from MCF in Les Gets/Morzine (the official French mtb school) a few years ago, very nice guy, lots of good tips and knowledge of the area

You can get some good route ideas off of past forum posts, Col du Cou and my favourite ride in the area Les Gets/Joux Plane/Bourgoise/Samoens – you need to organize a cab back as there is no lift or take two cars and park one at top and one at bottom. If you want more info drop me an email (address in profile)

ajc
    Free Member

I would second Lloyd who is a top bloke but likely to not have time himself. Bike fax is not great to be honest, and a lot has changed unless there is a reissue. The other black and yellow guide book is better although a number of the routes are the same.

duffmiver
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for guide-only contacts in Chatel/PDS?’ is closed to new replies.