Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • recommendations for bib shorts
  • nickc

Let me know what you’ve found is the most comfy, and the ones you reach for when you’re going for a decent ride. I don’t mind if they’re cheap or pricey, I’m not fussy, I’d rather hear about the stuff that works for you.

lunge

I’ve spent loads on them I’ve the years and I’ve yet to find a pair that fit my backside better than Decathlon 900 series stuff.

boombang
    Free Member

Planet X clubman bibs work shockingly well for me and the pad is very well formed.

The medium is very generous in length and width, comes up more like an Endura large.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GHill

dhb aeron are very hard to beat for the price.

Assos and Rapha are excellent if you can justify the cost.

dti

Howies or rivelo from sports pusuit

kilo

Assos have been the best, dhb have been ok as have galibier

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve loved the Howies ones, seem to have had a lot of dhb over the years. If you are not a racing snake then Fat Lad at the Back are very good

mrb123
    Free Member

Pactimo Summit Raptors for me. I now have 3 pairs. The RRP is not cheap but they are frequently available for around 30% off. Excellent for those of us of a lanky build.

fazzini

+1 dhb Aeron. Awesome bibs

mcnultycop

Rapha Pro Team for me. The pad is perfect for me. I just get them in the sale, usually come up half price.

slowoldman

Castelli with Progetto X2 pads.
    Galibier are cheaper though and pretty good.

SirHC

Castelli, on my 3rd pair of bibs and two pairs of longs, really comfy, not silly money either.

rothdogg
    Free Member

Mavic essential bibs shorts £35 on cycle republic

peteimpreza

Assos

Jason
    Free Member

DHB Aeron get my vote too. I have several of them, and can’t see the benefit of spending anymore. Great for long days in the saddle.

johnnystorm

Rapha Brevet. Comfy, hard-wearing, quick drying. Certainly not cheap but definitely worth it.

rOcKeTdOg

Madison sportive, cheap but comfy enough for century rides

Shackleton

Rivello courtesy of sport pursuit

ceept
    ajaj
    Free Member

ones you reach for when you’re going for a decent ride

For big rides, another vote for Rapha Pro. Castelli X2 a close second, mostly because of the sizing – the Rapha comes in long fit whereas the Castelli constantly pulls on my shoulders.

stuff that works for you

Decathlon (the ones with the good pad) for normal riding.

k1100t
    Free Member

My bum likes Endura, doesn’t matter if it’s the single track liners, the FS260 Pro’s or whatever the thermal ones I’ve been wearing recently are.

TiRed

Rapha Core. But I’m pretty insensitive to pad. Club kit is Champion Systems. But for black, I like the Core.

Also Bib 3/4 I find more practical than tights at this time of year. Again I like the Rapha ones with long merino socks.

ransos
    Free Member

+1 for DHB aeron. I’m not too keen on the Howies bibs – they ride up my thighs.

scud
    Free Member

For long distance rides, the best i have found for me was Sportful Total Comfort bibs

lawman91

7Mesh MK3’s are without doubt the most comfortable I’ve ever worn by a country mile. Make my old FS260 Pro’s from Endura feel cheap and poor in comparison. Insanely comfortable, super durable and while they’re not cheap, they’re not mega high-end Assos money either!

BillMC

Lusso

chakaping
    Free Member

DHB Aeron (Pro?) are my “best” bibshorts.

Just don’t notice them, which is what you want I suppose.

globalti
    Free Member

Lusso. Made in Manchester. One of their bib shorts has been winning “best of” awards for some time now.

avdave2

Lusso carbon bibs are my favourite, I’m sure there are plenty of options all of which work well but I like supporting a bit of the bike industry where stuff is still made in the UK and their stuff is competitively priced and the quality is very good.

milfordvet
    Free Member

Lusso Pro Gel Bib shorts and a Brooks Imperial for me too. Yep UK made. I think I usually get them from Merlin. They have a thicker ‘long distance’ multi layer pad.

Never owned any real fancy £100+ shorts though.

claudie

Really pleased with endura FS260 and like that they are British. Not impressed with comfort of Gore Power or Howies longevity. Have a very old pair of Sportful which are super comfy but too old to remember the model. Looking at the above, this post is going to give you too much choice! I didn’t realise that Lusso were made in the UK, that would probably swing it for me as Endura aren’t.

sarpullido
    Free Member

lawman91

Subscriber
    7Mesh MK3’s are without doubt the most comfortable I’ve ever worn by a country mile. Make my old FS260 Pro’s from Endura feel cheap and poor in comparison. Insanely comfortable, super durable and while they’re not cheap, they’re not mega high-end Assos money either!

Been using 7mesh bibs for the last 3 or 4 years and I agree with you. And not very expensive

plus-one

Originally loved the dhb’s at around £45 a pair very comfy but the leg grippers go baggy/loose quite quickly. Ok if you have thighs like Chris hoy !

See they are £75 now !! Rapha at sale price for me then 🙂

alexnharvey
    Free Member

I like my endura fs260s but they’re made in China, not England, if that matters to you.

Kuco

I like my POC VDP.

dogthomson

I have some Madison Sportive ones I’d be willing to part with for £20, brand new.

Bought 2 pairs as I like them so much, but the first lot are still going strong so shame to have them just sat in a drawer.

nickc

Thanks everyone, there are some on here I’ve tried, and don’t fit my bum  the DHB aeron and Endura FS260, both lovely made, but the Endura FS260 have never fitted me well, weirdly the Xtract fits me better, but I don’t think the pad’s up to much, and the Aeron, likewise feels weird. I’ll have a look at Rapha as one of their Clubhouses is near me and having a look on their websites, the Lusso and 7mesh share the same pad, so might give the Lusso a go as well.

A roadie friend of mine rates his Castelli Free Aero, they might be worth a go as well.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone know of bibs with a phone pocket?

(Ancient Assos bibs here; have taken advantage of the crash repair service in the past…)

chakaping
    Free Member

but the leg grippers go baggy/loose quite quickly. Ok if you have thighs like Chris hoy !

*blushes and tries to look modest

BadlyWiredDog

I think it depends a bit on what you view as ‘a decent ride’. I’m perfectly happy with DHB Aeron Pro for anything up to four hours or so. If I’m going to be out for seven or eight hours or more, Rapha Pro Team or whatever they’re called or the Assos bibs I bought years and years ago.

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned Morvelo. I find their standard bib shorts pretty good. Not quite in the Rapha class, but with a discount factored in, they’re good value and have a decent chamois.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘recommendations for bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts