Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommendations for a soft shell
  • jack
    Free Member

A thread on here recently put me onto Alpkit for a down-gilet, which was an absolute bargain.

Anybody any similar recommendations for a soft shell jacket, non bikey, and a good online retailer to get it from. Looking for something light, warm, useable in the great outdoors but looks OK for the pub afterwards. Quite like the look of the TNF stuff but I am the original cheapskate 🙂

ta

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Rab Vapour Rise gets my Vote.

wwaswas

Montane do some nice event fabric ones.

alfabus
    Free Member

not a cheapskate jacket, but my mountain hardware syncro jacket is brilliant:

it is conduit softshell with has taped seams, so it is 100% waterproof, but still comfortable, and very breathable. Looks smart enough to be a normal pub/work coat.

Dave

binners

This should fit the bill. As long as you’re a size large. Cheap as chips and perfectly acceptable for the pub afterwards

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Sombrio_Habitat_Wind_Shell/5360026480/

karnali
    Free Member

montane dynamo ablsoutley brilliant, froogle it a place in windermere were doing them half price for 32.50 last week where i got mine from

MrNutt
    Free Member

bubble wrap and gaffa tape, you can’t go wrong. well apart from the suffocation or incapacitation risk, but hey thats part of the fun right! right?

hora
    Free Member

Mammut. Does it have to be a ‘bike’ jacket? Ive owned my Marmut for years and it hasnt ripped etc etc etc etc

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Endura Stealth. Softshell and waterproof. Bike specific fit

jack
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks, just what I was after – just ordered a barginous Montane Dynamo 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aldi, got one from there years ago and its great, not waterproof, but warm with a LS jersy under it right down to when its snowing at night.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a soft shell’ is closed to new replies.