Recommendations for a rechargable rear light please?

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommendations for a rechargable rear light please?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommendations for a rechargable rear light please?
  • prezet

I use the Hope District light, it’s not USB rechargeable, but it’s brighter than the sun… I combine it with a Hope Vision 3 on the front, both share the same battery which I just stick in a saddle bag. When I get home at night I just unplug one of the lights and plug the recharger in – no faffing about.

drlex

Moon Shield 60 is excellent – mount is a thick rubber strap that is easily swapped between seat-posts. Can find it for around £35. Five modes – bright, v.bright, retina-searing, strobe & flash. I tend to only use 1 or 5; 3 for the rare fog/mist.

Moon Shield as above.

Comes in a handy pack here as well – http://www.stonehengecycles.com/product/9319/moon_xp500_shield_rear_light_set

I have two Shields, one helmet and one bike, and the front is very impressive so far. All use the same charger, which is a bit of a bonus in my book! The set comes with two cables as well, so easy to leave one at work.

drlex

Nice price there, Cap’n!

Premier Icon rhid
    Subscriber

I am looking for a new rear light for winter commuting duties. Something rechargable via usb would be a great benefit. i have had a look but the choice is a bit bewildering!

The general criteria are –
    rechargable via usb
    easily swappable between bikes
    bright enough not to get flattened by cars (part of my commute is over moorland where there is no light unless the moon is out and then its just creepy).

I suppose the last point is a given really!

What do people use?

messiah

Good timing as I needed new commuting lights today 😀

Should add a disclaimer – I have no official collection with Stonehenge Cycles, beyond being a provider of cakes and buyer of stuff. 🙂

TiRed

Cateye Rapid 1. I use a saddle rail mount and switch between bikes. A rack mount is also available. Now £15 at Wiggle.

Dibbs

Light & Motion Vis 180, 50 lumens and very well made.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Electron Milli.
    Rechargable via usb,Funky colours, wraps around owt.. Different modes. Cock on.

aphex_2k

Anyone got a Knog Blinder?

I’ve got a Knog Blinder 4V Pulse. Super bright and portable. Only down side is much side visibility though. Got a “Singletrack Recommends” in Issue 76

Issue 76

aphex_2k

I’ve got a Fibre Flare on the back and a Smart 1w which is more than adequate. The FF does suffer with water getting in when it really pee’s it down but not such a huge prob over here in Oz. The 1w Smart is really bright. I do like the look of the Knog’s and the USB charge facility. Might treat myself.

No-one use the “Holy Hand Grenade”? Or Blackburn Mars?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a rechargable rear light please?’ is closed to new replies.