Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommendations for a pack-abale waterproof
  • nickc

What waterproof are folk using for keeping at the bottom of the pack just in case? Needs to be in order

1. very waterproof

2 very packable

not bothered about breathability or any of that nonsense, don’t need anything fancy, (in fact the less pockets, pit zips and so on the better

cheers.

tall_martin

I’ve got a goretex packlite jacket.

It’s thin but has lasted 10 years ( with some significant sewing from crashes).

Will buy again when I give up sewing it 🙂

BigJohn

I have a Giant Proshield Rain Cycling Jacket.  Packs down small and comfortable to wear.  It will go in the pocket of a roadie jersey and there’s a bit of ventilation.

kcal

have Endura pacjac for such as you describe. is not breathable but its good enough.

epicyclo

£2 plastic see through poncho. Pack is the size of a packet of TicTacs.

Got proper waterproofs for wet weather, but this is for those days when it isn’t going to rain, but you never know.

On my upright bikes, I use a cycle cape.

kcr
    Free Member

Vaude Skyfly

matt_outandabout

Patagonia Torrentshell – ours refuses to die.

The latest Montane Atomic is also ace, we have two two in the household.

Both are 2.5 layer, 20/20 waterproof/breathable and good cut. Both below £100.

johnnystorm

Rapha core rainjacket. I’ve had windproofs that have a bigger packsize.

sirromj

Nah don’t spend £££ on something allegedly breathable that will spend most of it’s time sat in the bottom of your bag!

After reading this last year I bought the Craft PB Rain Jacket. Very light, not expensive, packs into it’s own pocket (if I can be bothered) 3 bits of venting (under pits and under flap on top of back). No longer available but there’s this for £30. Bargain!

sirromj
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a pack-abale waterproof’ is closed to new replies.