Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommendations for a bivvy or solo tent
  • muggomagic

Needs to be less than £100. If it's a tent I'd prefer something that small, light and "pop up" as I don't want to be messing with poles in the dark (happy to fiddle with slovakians though).

higgo
    Free Member

A couple of mates are looking into this at the moment – putting together lightweight 'wild camping' kit on the cheap. They tell me they've done the research and the Gelert Solo is excellent value for money.

http://www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk/acatalog/Gelert_Solo_Tent.html?gclid=CJDLz6Oq_KICFVeZ2Aod4GMClg

thomthumb
    Free Member

gelert solo isn't a pop up tent.

videos of pitching on youtube.

you need to decide wheter you want a tent or a bivvy.

I think you want a bivvy.

higgo
    Free Member

gelert solo isn't a pop up tent.

I know but it's 24 quid.
    (which leaves him £76 to pay someone to pitch it for him)

Mounty_73

I bought a Vango Banshee 200 last year for a week in the Lakes, wild camping…

All I can say is that it rained for 4 days out of the 5 and the tent was fantastic….on the third night it was very wet and windy and I was a bit nervous, but the tent survived and now I dont have any doubts about it…

highclimber
    Free Member

Id buy a good lightweight tarp! you can put these pretty much anywhere, especially if you have walking poles (or slovakians!) 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

COLEMAN Rigel X2

around £65 on ebay

meehaja
    Free Member

I got a bivvy bag from decathlon which has always met my needs, and only about £30?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have a Vango tbs Micro 200, used it for years (including a number of very wet trips to glastonbery)

vango-tbs-micro-200

I Also have for bivi rides Snugpak Stratosphere Olive Bivvy Bag I got this so i could put some stuff around my head to keep it dry.

both these are very good and easy to put up.

just a note: try to stay away from tents that you have to put the inner up first. Either get a tent that it goes up all in one or the outer sheet first and then the inner clips to the inside of that. If it's P**sing it down and everything will get very wet very quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a bivvy or solo tent’ is closed to new replies.