Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend some flats and shin pads
  • younggeoff

OK after many years I want to learn to bunny hop properly so recomend some flats and shin pads for me.

The superstar pedals look good value for money and I was thinking of 661 veggie wraps

VanHalen

what you propose will serve you well.

some muppet will tell you to buy 510 shoes as well but ignore them.

MrAgreeable

If you’re just trying them out then DMR V8s or any other loose bearing pedal with replaceable pins will do you nicely. Pedal bites are generally pretty minor but if you feel you need some protection then you’ll get more use out of a hard knee/shin guard than a shin guard alone.

I_Ache
    Free Member

V8s are nice and cheap but I prefer 50/50s as they are much bigger. As above people will tell you to get 5:10s but unless you want to look like a clown then just stick with some £15 skate shoes from TK max.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Wellgo MG-1s. Much better quality and size than DMR V8s but at about the same price. Avaliable on ebay for about £20. They weigh nowt too and have stood up to all 18½ stone of me riding them pretty hard for the last 6 months or so.

thomthumb
    Free Member

dmr pedals are too small for most adult feet imo. superstar pedals seem a better bet; they are similar to the kona jacksh*t pedals and they are nice.

richc
    Free Member

if you are above size 9 feet don’t bother with the v8 or copies, just get the superstar ones.

oh and 5:10’s rock, but as they don’t sell them in TK Maxx or Lidl some people on here don’t like them 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m happy with my Veggie shin pads. Generally don’t notice they’re on apart from the heat (which isn’t that bad).

Also happy with my Wellgo MG1 pedals, they’re light, cheap and work great for my XC-based needs.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh FWIW Ive got some shimano mp90s and they are by far the best flat shoe ive ever had. Im even thinking about buying some more for when mine die.
    Merlin £37

enfht
    Free Member

My shins were hardened through many years BMX’ing on Shimano DX flats and could now easily derail a steam train.

Shin pads are for nancy boys so MTFU !!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some flats and shin pads’ is closed to new replies.